FC or Hit

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 12, 2015
Why isn’t it a sac…the point was to move the runner and score the run. Took the bat out of the batters hand by making her bunt. Batter shouldn’t get punished with a fc for doing her job and getting an RBI.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This goes back to the judgement of the scorekeeper. If the bunt is made in an attempt to get the batter to first, it shouldn't be scored as a sacrifice regardless of the outcome.

In this example, @Tango says this girl can fly. She probably bunt routinely so scoring it as a sacrifice is less likely. If it were someone like my DD, who couldn't run out of sight in a day abs never bunted except in squeeze situations, scoring it as a sacrifice is more likely.

Jan 28, 2017
This goes back to the judgement of the scorekeeper. If the bunt is made in an attempt to get the batter to first, it shouldn't be scored as a sacrifice regardless of the outcome.

In this example, @Tango says this girl can fly. She probably bunt routinely so scoring it as a sacrifice is less likely. If it were someone like my DD, who couldn't run out of sight in a day abs never bunted except in squeeze situations, scoring it as a sacrifice is more likely.

Of course I don’t know but probably wasn’t a call from the third base coach. The kid is hitting over 500 with 9 HR but seeing a really good pitcher and saw the opportunity to push one down 1st, I assume. That’s also why the jump at third was probably a little late but not sure it was. Not the same speed at 3rd obviously.

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
There is an option to give a hit if the scorer thinks the batter runner would have made it to first safely had a play been made on her.
Yes. 3 times in college and with a runner on 3rd base, the kid hit a ball straight down into the ground and the runner scored easily. The 3B didn't throw anywhere. All 3 times she got a FC. You know your kid is slow when the official scorer gives a FC on that. LOL

Aug 12, 2014
Why isn’t it a sac…the point was to move the runner and score the run. Took the bat out of the batters hand by making her bunt. Batter shouldn’t get punished with a fc for doing her job and getting an RBI.

It's not a sac because the runner would have been out at home without the error. It also shouldn't be an RBI.

Aug 5, 2022
It's not a sac because the runner would have been out at home without the error. It also shouldn't be an RBI.

I guess I didn’t read it that way I just read the catcher dropped the ball so a play was made but not necessarily an error. It’s a very difficult out to make at home so the drop didn’t register in my brain as an error. I fully agree if the runner would have been out then it’s a FC no matter how safe the runner would be.

May 27, 2022
There is an option to give a hit if the scorer thinks the batter runner would have made it to first safely had a play been made on her.

But, if you hit it to a point that another runner would be out, could be FC.

IE base hit to short center, but the runner doesn't advance to 2 until they see it lands and then is thrown out. Would have been a hit, but becomes a FC.

Jun 8, 2016

IE base hit to short center, but the runner doesn't advance to 2 until they see it lands and then is thrown out. Would have been a hit, but becomes a FC.
Yes. I was just regurgitating the rule 😂

Oct 4, 2018

That's happened to my DD a few times. I chew out the base runner and then her parents, then the Game Changer guy and then the coach. Sometimes the umpire and the other team's parents as well. It's a great way to get people to stop talking to you.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles