Favorite Time of year comming up

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 28, 2013
I hate this part of the year cuz this is Volleyball season. DD still loves that sport and "has to play" with her HS team. (It is fun to watch her play with her dominant sports mind & body even though she's not as skilled as some of the year-round club VB-ers. In general it's fun to watch DD eat up the standard "giggle-sports" girls in soccer/vb/bb/etc. Ya don't find too many "giggle-sports" girls in travel softball.)

I support her but gosh darn it - if she gets another injury from this "fun" sport I will friggin go nuclear.....

Funny you should mention that, Our middle school volley ball coach also coaches select volley Ball. He told me last year the thing that frustrates him most is that select fast pitch players for some reason make the best Volley ball players and once the school season is over they are gone playing fast pitch and he cant recruit any of them.

Coach-n-Dad

Crazy Daddy
Oct 31, 2008
Ever since DD started playing 16's and up I have not liked the fall softball season. I don't like timed games that "don't matter", or stressing out about what college coaches might or might not be there to see her play...

I am disliking this fall more than most. In 3 days we go on the road to take DD to college 1700 miles away and they don't play any games in the fall. On the other hand, I am looking forward to February and her first college game. That is what the last few years have been all about :)

I liked summer softball tournaments where score matters and you don't know if the team will be playing on Sunday afternoon.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
Funny you should mention that, Our middle school volley ball coach also coaches select volley Ball. He told me last year the thing that frustrates him most is that select fast pitch players for some reason make the best Volley ball players and once the school season is over they are gone playing fast pitch and he cant recruit any of them.

My DD also loves to play volleyball and is pretty good considering she does not play year round. She found out a couple of years ago that if you can throw a softball you can serve and spike a volleyball!!!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DezA