Fauci Says there is a way sports (ie Professional Sports) can resume this summer.... this does not sound good for softball to return before fall...

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 2, 2017
Not crazy. People are saying if you feel safe, go out. If you don't, don't. It's survival of the fittest. What's crazy about that, it's science?

And no, not correct. The Spanish Flu of 1918, yes. The ones since, no. If you can't see the huge differences between the viruses, I certainly am not the one to explain it to you.

How can you claim "Survival of the fittest" with Spanish Flu 1918, but not any other virus since?

May 16, 2016
What I find crazy is that our Governor put bowling and some other things on the list. Like I think I said here, 85% of Georgians think we're doing this way too soon. I am one of them.

I suspect, one of the Gov's supporters owns a string of bowling alleys...

Last edited:
Mar 10, 2020
@ uncdrew
Majority of your posts theme to continue sheltering continue continue. Imo Fine for a time. From your perspective do you see a light in your tunnel?
If the US is to consider a balance of economy and healthy lifestyle. The light needs to come on soon.

Last edited:
Reactions: NEF
Aug 19, 2015
Atlanta, GA
Agreed.

What I find crazy is that our Governor put bowling and some other things on the list. Like I think I said here, 85% of Georgians think we're doing this way too soon. I am one of them.

Not to mention hair salons, nail salons, tattoo parlors... All of which require ACTUAL TOUCHING and cannot run using social distancing. Retail stores (clothing, furniture), I can kind of understand because you can remain distanced (for the most part), but he chose the very businesses that should likely open LAST, not FIRST!

Jun 8, 2016
If people want to say we should open up for various reasons that is fine. Just don't use comparison to other viruses to make the argument. That is like saying you cheated on your wife, who looks like Larry Bird, with Gisele Bundchen, because she looked like your wife.

Sep 13, 2015
He'd softening every day, either from pressure or new data. Two weeks ago he was talking a summer shutdown of everything. Now we're talking a slow reopening.

We've been at this a month. In another two weeks -- especially if New York numbers keep declining -- the national conversation will be almost unanimous for a state by state reopening starting in late April or early May. Everything will be reopen by mid June. People will do their own distancing and certain things like buffets will still be verboten, but the public tide is turning, and the swell will only increase as news gets better out of New York.
My wife flew to NYC three days ago to work Covid cases. Last night, 63 people died, horrible deaths, grasping for air on her shift. The experience has been overwhelming so far and I hope she comes home the way she left. The news and the politicians have agendas, which I get, people need to eat, shelter, and survive. We need our economy open for that to happen so, of course, pushing a near term reopening is a valid goal.
BUT... People aren't just dying. They are dying in the most horrific and painful way imaginable, drowning and grasping for air as their lungs collapse. Think of your parents/grandparents/ family and weigh, on balance, what risk you are willing to take. If we dive back in too early, there is a good chance you or someone you love WILL catch C19. Asymptomatic symptoms, the majority of people, doesn't mean you won't infect others. I don't want to see my parents or my wife suffer this horrific death. Anyone's loved ones!
We need a strategic bi-partisan plan.... By grown ups! As it stands, we don't have a clue how to handle this and no leadership. As divided as a country can be.

And without a miracle, without Americans willing to compromise for the greater good, this path we are on leads to a bleak future.

Jun 8, 2016
My wife flew to NYC three days ago to work Covid cases. Last night, 63 people died, horrible deaths, grasping for air on her shift. The experience has been overwhelming so far and I hope she comes home the way she left. The news and the politicians have agendas, which I get, people need to eat, shelter, and survive. We need our economy open for that to happen so, of course, pushing a near term reopening is a valid goal.
BUT... People aren't just dying. They are dying in the most horrific and painful way imaginable, drowning and grasping for air as their lungs collapse. Think of your parents/grandparents/ family and weigh, on balance, what risk you are willing to take. If we dive back in too early, there is a good chance you or someone you love WILL catch C19. Asymptomatic symptoms, the majority of people, doesn't mean you won't infect others. I don't want to see my parents or my wife suffer this horrific death. Anyone's loved ones!
We need a strategic bi-partisan plan.... By grown ups! As it stands, we don't have a clue how to handle this and no leadership. As divided as a country can be.

And without a miracle, without Americans willing to compromise for the greater good, this path we are on leads to a bleak future.
I agree with all of this, but based upon this post and your other one today, you would make a horrible motivational speaker :LOL:

May 16, 2016
@ uncdrew
Majority of your posts theme to continue sheltering continue continue. Imo Fine for a time. From your perspective do you see a light in your tunel?
If the US is to consider a balance of economy and health. The light needs to come on soon.

As long as there is a perceived health risk, the economy will not recover... Just because the Gov says it's ok to open your barber shop, does not mean enough customers will come back to sustain your business...

If there is a second spike in infections, Georgia will simply have to endure even longer shut down...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi