Facemask for infielders

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 23, 2010
VA, USA
Knowing this, it makes a little more sense.

I wonder why Bangerz isn't a better known company... we've talked about tons of facemasks on this site but this is the first time Bangerz has come up and they have a ton of products!

Amanda, the best explaination I can think of is becasue these masks are actually Lacrosse masks. I don't like the preverbial straight line between two points. Its not about the prices for anything for me, but its worth. I'd pay several hundreds of dollars for this mask, because I think its worth it, not because it is marketed on softball websites, endorsed by big name athletes or prices hiked up to ridiculous amounts. I refuse to buy a pair of shoes with a big swooshing check mark on the side for 100 bucks when its "sister shoe" is made in the very same factory and looks just like it without the swooshing thing. Check out the Rip-it, light and open view. It has a velcro attached chin pad. You buy it, and it comes with ONE chin pad. You lose it, the mask is not useable. Buy another mask. Profits are what people are in business for, but for businesses to make a personal car payment on every single transaction ticks me off and makes me think differantly around the box. How does most softball equipment get advertising with the girls / players? The first 2010 CF4 in a tournament pops it over the fence, 3 girls from that game tell mom and dad they gotta have that one. Vendor convinces a dad that the rip it is best for his 1B kid. 1st base gets seen alot in games with it on. More goes and buys what she has. etc. Our daughter has been wearing her Bangerz for the 4th season now and parents each year ask about it and get the same story I told you and a ton buy it. But at the last College world series, everyone here saw the UCLA infielder wearing the beak, a billion people told us, I saw a girl in the CWS wearing one just like hers. One parents from a few years ago said they though it WAS here at first. Haha. For right now, its DDs signature around the colorado area. The bottom line is, I've seen alot of beautiful faces boys/girls mangled by a ball to the face, and I've been part of large teams to put them back together again the best we can. Thats why I ruined and destroyed SO many differant masks the way I did. Its MY daughter. Not the other mask makers and salesmans kid. Until I have to fix my daughters face because her mask failed, I'm sold on Bangerz for now over anything else I know of. Hope this helps someone.

Mar 3, 2010
Suburb of Chicago, IL
Check out the Rip-it, light and open view. It has a velcro attached chin pad. You buy it, and it comes with ONE chin pad. You lose it, the mask is not useable. Buy another mask.

Just to add... The chin pad came off my daughter's new RipIt and she lost it. I contacted RipIt and they sent me three replacements FREE OF CHARGE. They were in the mailbox within 2 days. Excellent Customer Service.

Oct 22, 2009
PA
Knowing this, it makes a little more sense.

I wonder why Bangerz isn't a better known company... we've talked about tons of facemasks on this site but this is the first time Bangerz has come up and they have a ton of products!

I've posted in the past regarding my DD's Bangerz fielding mask. It is not the wire version that protects only the orbits, but is a full facemask similar to the GameFace. My daughter had both and likes the Bangerz better as it is more comfortable and fully adjustable. I recommend it to anyone who asks me about fielders masks.

Jan 23, 2010
VA, USA
I don't remember reading anything about Bangerz on here before, but I read close to every thread so it's possible I could have forgotten. :)

Actually, wearing the Bangerz could be to her advantage. If she's at an exposure tournament, she's going to stand out. People will notice her and remember the kid with the funny face mask.

I've looked at some of the Bangerz sunglasses, I wonder if they are as nice as they look!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OAFSoftballMom#1