Face Mask for Pitcher

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 2, 2010
What protective face mask for a pitcher would you recommend - the plastic (composite type) or the metal ones? The composite types seem very hard to see out of. All feedback is appreciated. Thanks.

Jul 28, 2008
My DD pitches with the Gameface. I recently bought her the Rip-It mask. It's heavier and right now she only uses that when the plays 1st or 3rd until she gets used to it. She said she definitely likes the Rip-It's open view better. So far she's only used for it one tournament.

Jun 24, 2009
DD used a gameface for two and half years and outgrew the youth size this year. I started looking for a new larger size and discovered the markwort gameface made for Softball, not an either or like most are. DD loves her new gameface, much easier to see out of .

I jut bought the Rip-It defense for my dd and being the first mask she has ever worn she likes it well enough. NO problem seeing out of it, just cramping her style is all.

Oct 19, 2009
beyond the fences
DD just switched from game-face to Schutt SB fielder mask. Very similar to ripit but much less weight.
She has better sight lines for ground balls coming up the middle. It also has a highly absorbent band on forehead

Last edited:
Apr 13, 2010
My DD wears the rip it. Tried one of the plastic masks but always had to take it off and couldn't pitch with it. RIP-IT has a great open view so she can see and she wears it in the backyard to get used to it. Wore it during the scrimmages yesterday and she never complained. That's a first.

May 9, 2008
Hartford, CT
My daughter (8th grade, just turned 14) wears Rip It youth ... so do several of her teammates.
Seemed to be fine from the first use for her...wears it pitching and when she plays first and third ....still wears a mouthguard for outfield ...

Jul 19, 2008
I got my daughter a Bangerz plastic mask last year and she tried it in practice a few times and it wasnt comfortable for her. I guess we didnt adjust it right or something as it does have room for some adjustment. I will now probably get the Schutt fielder's mask and give it a try. Might be a little more weight, but not much and seems to have better vision.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nate321