Exchange Student

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 9, 2018
Texas
I have heard of exchange students coming to the US and playing sports. Has anyone had experience with sending their DD (US student) to another country (Outside of the US) for an exchange year? Were sports involved while they were away? How did it work out for your DD?

Jun 11, 2013
I don't know about sports but my wife went to Costa Rica during High School for a semester and my niece did a semester in Dublin during College

Oct 1, 2014
USA
One of my DD's studied abroad this Fall as part of the International Exchange Student (IES) program (She is in her 3rd year of college, there was no way she was going to miss this upcoming season). She found a way to continue training in a Fall Ball program with the Dutch National team/coaches. Old World Baseball and the Amsterdam Pirates...she absolutely loved it and based on her experience I would wholeheartedly recommend it for the right student athlete.

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
One of my DD's studied abroad this Fall as part of the International Exchange Student (IES) program (She is in her 3rd year of college, there was no way she was going to miss this upcoming season). She found a way to continue training in a Fall Ball program with the Dutch National team/coaches. Old World Baseball and the Amsterdam Pirates...she absolutely loved it and based on her experience I would wholeheartedly recommend it for the right student athlete.
Wow really neat!!! Dutch national team and Amsterdam Pirates sounds like some good stories there. If you post about that would be awesome to read!
🙂

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles