Easton synge

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 9, 2011
West Barstow, Ca
For the last 2 years I have been driving around southern california visiting Dicks,Sports Authorities, Sport chalet and any random sporting goods store that crossed my eyes in search for a good composite bat for 1 of my daughters(I HAVE 3).She is a phenominal athlete but is the smallest girl on her team.I never found the bat that I was looking for but did manage to puchase 5 bats(none composite) in my journey.My problem was my daughter is a plate crowder and at the time preferred a 27" bat. The bat she used really didnt seem to have any pop.I took my problem to the internet and it seemed that the Easton Synge was 1 of the only full composite bats that came under 30". I believe there are far to many girls at a young age swinging bats that are just to big and heavy.My daughter is 1 of the fastest pitchers in the league and she blows right past those $200 plus bats that are just plain and simply to big for the batter.For now...my bat journies are over. I purchased a 28" Easton Synge online and am so pleased with it we started giving our other bats to girls who were less fortunate.The Easton Synge has great pop and most importantly is the correct size and weight for my mini softball player. Dont buy a bat for 2 years from now...buy a bat for now.

02Crush

Way past gone
Aug 28, 2011
The Crazy Train
For the last 2 years I have been driving around southern california visiting Dicks,Sports Authorities, Sport chalet and any random sporting goods store that crossed my eyes in search for a good composite bat for 1 of my daughters(I HAVE 3).She is a phenominal athlete but is the smallest girl on her team.I never found the bat that I was looking for but did manage to puchase 5 bats(none composite) in my journey.My problem was my daughter is a plate crowder and at the time preferred a 27" bat. The bat she used really didnt seem to have any pop.I took my problem to the internet and it seemed that the Easton Synge was 1 of the only full composite bats that came under 30". I believe there are far to many girls at a young age swinging bats that are just to big and heavy.My daughter is 1 of the fastest pitchers in the league and she blows right past those $200 plus bats that are just plain and simply to big for the batter.For now...my bat journies are over. I purchased a 28" Easton Synge online and am so pleased with it we started giving our other bats to girls who were less fortunate.The Easton Synge has great pop and most importantly is the correct size and weight for my mini softball player. Dont buy a bat for 2 years from now...buy a bat for now.

Saw this and it made me happy to read it....
:)

May 26, 2010
Central NJ
You can also purchase two 2010 Synges for $180, which is a great deal. My DD has been using a Synge for over a year now, and I'm tempted to get two more "just in case". Ultimately I know I won't, but at $90 per bat it's very tempting.

02Crush

Way past gone
Aug 28, 2011
The Crazy Train
You can also purchase two 2010 Synges for $180, which is a great deal. My DD has been using a Synge for over a year now, and I'm tempted to get two more "just in case". Ultimately I know I won't, but at $90 per bat it's very tempting.

Where did you find that deal?

JBG

Jul 27, 2011
Southern MD
I bought an Easton Synge last year for the DD....I personally thought it lacked pop all year. Even after breaking in it the softballs just didnt seem to jump off the bat.

This Winter i purchased Demarini cf5...I built a softball mallet and have been breaking it in for several days. This bat seems to pop very well with the softball mallet having a distinctive hard bounce off the bat when hit.

For giggles i pulled her synge bat out and hit it several times to compare. I was amazed at the difference in feel of the new bat to the synge. The synge had very little "pop", meaning when you hit the mallet with the bat the softball would not jump off the bat..it was dead. I couldnt believe it! I showed this to the DD as she loved the synge bat.

I told her all year i didnt think the synge was helping her at all..I let her wack the two bats with the softball mallet and she was amazed at the difference. The synge just seems dead.

Mar 9, 2011
West Barstow, Ca
Wow!!! Its neat to see my old thread. After 1 rec season and 1 TB season we were still very pleased with the synge. My tiny 10 year old softball player is still barely 4 ft and 85 lbs. I believe her bat still has pop even though it looks thrashed. My 12 year old swings a CF5 this year and there is no comparison in pop between the two bats. The CF5 busts the balls. I just wish it it was available under 30 inches. The synge will eventually be passed down to my 8 year old and will be used till its dead. It still has way more pop than the aluminum bats. The synge was a great purchase for me!!!

May 7, 2008
Tucson
The softball mallett that I have is simply a softball on a dowel rod. I ordered it from a man on another site, because he tapes the handle. It was designed to break in ball gloves. I use it to teach point of contact to hitters. The discussion on Softballfans.com sometimes says that you couldn't possibly hit a bat hard enough with it to break it in. But, I don't use it that way, so I don't know. A new Synge would come ready to use, anyway.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi