Easton Mako Catchers Helmet

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 9, 2015
Is there any difference in weight, size, vision, etc on the Easton Mako (baseball) helmet versus the Easton "Fastpitch Grip" helmet? My DD likes the solid black look instead of the black/white fastpitch model, plus they make the baseball version sound better in regards to impact and might be why the baseball helmet is $50 more.

Jul 20, 2012
DD has been wearing her Mako helmet for 2 seasons now. She tried on at least a dozen makes/models before selecting it. It seems a lot lighter than the others she tried. At the time Easton didn't make a comparable FP model to match the Mako gear. Daddy-Sophie.jpg

May 19, 2016
Is there any difference in weight, size, vision, etc on the Easton Mako (baseball) helmet versus the Easton "Fastpitch Grip" helmet? My DD likes the solid black look instead of the black/white fastpitch model, plus they make the baseball version sound better in regards to impact and might be why the baseball helmet is $50 more.

You could always get the one that Is most comfortable/lighter to her preference, then find a local paint guy and have him lay down whatever color scheme you want or just go crazy with It.

Mar 9, 2015
The baseball version has the zero shock protection, different padding, and internal adjustment for custom fit. Maybe I should get the baseball catchers helmet as mentioned in the above post for added protection.

My DD has a small build and was curious if there was any noticeable weight difference with the baseball catchers helmet and her current Easton stealth catchers helmet?

Mar 24, 2014
Was watching the Alabama - Washington game tonight and noticed the Alabama catcher was wearing the Easton FP Grip helmet, maroon, but had a black facemask instead of the white facemask.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jar207