Easton catchers gear

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sep 27, 2015
My 10 year old is a tiny catcher, wears Easton Stealth catchers gear for 8 year olds, with a Diamond helmet.

I have two questions to go with her gear.

Her leg protectors came with memory foam removable inserts. After using them since February, they are flat. I can't seem to find them anywhere to buy replacement ones and I haven't heard back from Easton yet. Does anyone know where I can purchase them?

Second question is about her helmet. She has been beamed in the face about 5 times now in the last two weeks, from fastballs hitting the tip of the bat and bouncing back into her mask. It has caused the top two screws to come out, leaving them very wiggly, even after being screwed back in. Does that mean I should just replace the helmet? She's had it for over 3 years now.

Thanks in advance :)

Jul 14, 2010
NJ/PA
I would replace any helmet that was 3 years old and had gotten a lot of use/abuse. It's a small price to pay to ensure your child's brain health, especially if the hardware is loose.

I've had pretty good luck in the past with Easton's warranty department. You may want to contact them and let them know what's up. 7 months of use should not have killed the inserts in her leg guards. I do not know of a source for replacements as I've never heard of them failing like that.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi