Early Recruiting

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 10, 2010
With young ladies planning their life out as early as the 8th grade, I wonder how many have stayed with that committment from start to finish? I just feel like only one side of the story is told. I know many have expierence with a dd that has played and Amy spoke of a young lady that killed herself at 16, was it pressure who knows. I know how it works, but I do not know how it effects these young athletes. Tournaments, recruiting sites, camps have become a huge bussiness. Is playing every weekend to get committed and what happens afterward just another pressure on the kid.

Huskerdu

With Purpose and Urgency
Sep 4, 2011
I recently had a coach look at me surprised when I told him that I wish my DD had less pitching time as a 12U comp player. Sure as an HC I want to win, but I also can see the daily passion and yes, it has turned somewhat into a lifestyle, my daughter has for the game. What a tragedy if she is burned out or worse, injured by the time she hits high school. I am so against pushing and pushing and pushing these kids to the point they break and it no longer is fun, and there is no more energy to put the uniform on. It takes a special kid to sustain success through high school and college, and it depends on the parents and coaches to help walk them through it.

I wish I could just say a few words to several (but not all) coaches I come into contact with, "humble yourself dude, it's not about you".

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IBSoftballDad619