Dumb question amnesty

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Me_and_my_big_mouth

witty softball quote
Sep 11, 2014
Pacific NW
This thread is funny. 6U/8U? Glue it back on. Go play ball and have fun. If you are worried go get a replacement at Play it Again for $15.
Or he could sneak into any one of our garages and pick from what is probably a vast array of bats from days gone by. I mean, not me personally because I don't have a problem, but SOME of y'all . . .

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Oct 22, 2009
PA
I have a youth aluminum alloy bat and the end cap is rotating in the barrel, it has not popped out just you can spin inside barrel. Is that ok or do i have to remove and clean and reglue

For those of you who think this is overblown, there are actually two issues that the OP's question asks. Is a bat with a loose end cap ok to use in a game? No it is not. It is a safety issue. Does he have to remove and reglue the cap? If he does, the bat is not legal. It is a safety issue. He does not qualify the question beyond that.

Whether he chooses to do either is his business. But he asked the question and was given the answer per the ASA rule book.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
First of all, the endcap spins...it will NOT fly off. The endcap is held in the bat by much more.

Now, rules wise, if you remove the endcap it is deemed illegal now.

Feb 15, 2016
Or he could sneak into any one of our garages and pick from what is probably a vast array of bats from days gone by. I mean, not me personally because I don't have a problem, but SOME of y'all . . .

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I gave all my old gear to.the local association when I cleaned out my garage a year ago or I would have just offered to mail a bat. There were a couple of sweet 17 and 18 oz composites with a lot of good.memories in that bag I gave them. A lot of good hits left in them...

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ntooutdoors