Ducks get what they deserve!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 21, 2011
38°41'44"N 121°9'47.5"W
Here I thought you were talking about sanctions. Dang it! ;)

As much as I dislike OU, their softball program does deserve a quality field. One of my former players took a visit there and immediately turned it down because their facilities. She said they were horrible.

Dec 20, 2012
Here I thought you were talking about sanctions. Dang it! ;)

As much as I dislike OU, their softball program does deserve a quality field. One of my former players took a visit there and immediately turned it down because their facilities. She said they were horrible.

Howe field is really cool but yes the locker rooms are nowhere near the level they should be and no indoor solely for softball was a huge drawback for recruiting. They still have access to the Moshofsky and PK so it's not like they are in an abandoned sandlot. But being U of O it was just a matter if time until they put it together.

Ken Krause

Administrator
Admin
May 7, 2008
Mundelein, IL
Before I actually attended a college game in person I assumed all the fields were like the ones at U of A and ASU. I was shocked to realize that many college programs - even Top 50 - play in facilities that look more like glorified high school fields.

Northwestern is a great example. I don't know how their locker rooms or other facilities are, but the field itself is pretty much a field with some bleachers tucked in between other buildings. Not bad or anything, but not what I was expecting.

At Eastern Illinois University, where three of my kids went, the field was very similar to our high school's field. They had individual stadium seats instead of bleachers, but my guess is the seating capacity is around 100 at best. Also pretty sure everyone shows up already dressed for the game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dadmad