Don't really know what to say.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 31, 2014
North Carolina
Tooling around YouTube just looking at some skills vids, and ran across this. Maybe some of you have referenced her before - looks like its been up about a year - but I've never seen anything like this. Anybody else see an injury in her future? Not from the dramatic windup per se, although it seems to lead to a couple other things: perhaps shoulder from exaggerated extension in follow-through, or maybe knee from the sort of sideways torque in her drive from the rubber? And there's the constant replanting thing, and....

Last edited by a moderator:

JJsqueeze

Dad, Husband....legend
Jul 5, 2013
safe in an undisclosed location
We already had a thread shut down due to our group analysis of this particular video. I did find her pitching coach though....he starts the lesson at the 1:20 mark

[video]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=AjPau5QYtYs[/video]

Jun 14, 2011
Field of Dreams
I don't think it is very nice or appropriate to put up a video like this of someone else's child. Help is given when it is asked for here- you don't need to troll the internet for someone else's DD to criticize.

I kind of think it's interesting that you are also from NC, what- did she beat you?

I hope if Amy or Sluggers or any moderator sees this- they lock it down.

Last edited:
Jan 31, 2014
North Carolina
I don't think it is very nice or appropriate to put up a video like this of someone else's child. Help is given when it is asked for here- you don't need to troll the internet for someone else's DD to criticize.

I kind of think it's interesting that you are also from NC, what- did she beat you?

I hope if Amy or Sluggers or any moderator sees this- they lock it down.

No intent on my part to ridicule or criticize unduly. I hope no one else will either. If this is out of line, my apologies, and if a moderator feels the need to pull this, I happily bow to their wisdom.

Injury concern is real, and so was my question about potential injury points at shoulder and knee. I hope some of the masters here will address that.

I've been a bucket dad for a while, and I'm striving to learn more, both for DDs sake, and to help other girls on her team. Because she's moderately successful, people sometimes assume I know enough to help their kids. I don't assume that at all, so I work actively to increase my knowledge. If we can learn objectively about mechanics that can aid or hinder developing players, isn't that useful?

As for NC connection, we just happen to live in the same state, and not all that close together. Never seen or heard of this young lady apart from this video.

Feb 17, 2014
Orlando, FL
If you post goofy video in the public domain you open yourself to comments both good and bad. This kids mechanics are a train wreck and she will have adverse physical issues if they are not corrected. If this keeps one kid from avoiding this PC then it is all good.

Last edited:

sluggers

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 26, 2008
Dallas, Texas
This is off limits.

You can't pull a video off YouTube of a HS or younger child and start criticizing her.

Several years ago, we had a heck of a time with a similar issue in the hitting forum. It just isn't a good idea.

College kids, fine. HS and younger, No.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Preschuck