does this happen a lot?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

MTR

Jun 22, 2008
I know you said you won't but that is rude and offensive. The haka is to be only performed by men and only by people whose culture uses it. Anyone else doing it would be misappropriating another culture.

It's hilarious

Nov 26, 2010
Michigan
marriard;87724 We had one team last week trying to distract my DD when she was pitching with some stupid screaming and yelling as she pitched. First time they did it she took advantage of the '10 seconds' to pitch once you go to the glove and they couldn't keep up the noise for that long. Next time said:
6g3QbH_i2VU[/MEDIA]
My dd plays in a league that is all travel teams. They play 2 doubleheaders during the week and then tournaments on weekends. When my dd was 12 one team pulled that junk, screaming at the pitcher as she was about to pitch. At our end of season playoffs the coach from that team came up to us and asked my dd if she would consider playing with them at a couple of tourneys as a "guest" player. He told her how he really liked how she pitched and the fact that she was a lefty hitter.

She asked him what team he coached, he told her. And she said. Your team screams at the other team's pitcher and says things that aren't nice. I won't play on a team like that. He looks at me and I said, "well I guess you have your answer thanks for the offer but we have to pass on it"

Oct 22, 2010
SO CAL
I've found that in softball and baseball that unfortunately in most cases the younger the kids, the less mature the parents and coaches are.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chadd