Do you teach any different for and end loaded VS balance bat?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 19, 2009
I have a young lady, on our team, who went from a balance bat to an end loaded bat, her new bat is a Rip-It 33/24 her old bat a 33/24 TPS which cracked; her dad advised it was a balanced bat and the Rip-It is end loaded. Science going to the new end loaded bat mostly ground balls. One good hit. They asked for help in adjusting to the new bat. Same size bat only the Rip-It is end loaded.

Anyone have any suggestion when adjusting to an end loaded bat, how to speed up the adjustment and what to look for. Do you teach any different for and end loaded VS balance bat in the swing?

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
I wouldn't teach different mechanics for a student swinging a heavier, or end-loaded, bat. Instead I would stress the mechanics that are important for success. For example, a student moving to a heavier bat that relies on their "arms" to power the swing, will likely struggle more than a student that swings with a "tight HPP". A heavier bat, or end-loaded bat, can help expose the difference between an "armsy swing" and a "connected swing".

Bottom-line ... I wouldn't stress anything different for an "end-loaded bat" versus a "balanced bat". I would stress the same mechanics ... but realize that certain mechanics may need to be beefed up.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mpalesse