Do not miss DD’s old Team

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
We happened to be playing at the same complex as the Team DD was suppose to be on this fall. I am a good listener and heard some complaints about their DD’s playing time and positions from a few parents. Do not miss that at all, glad we moved on though I miss some of the girls.

Last edited:
Mar 3, 2010
Suburb of Chicago, IL
Similar story. First tournament of the fall this past weekend. My DD's new team played her team from last year that would only allow her to pitch. She went 3-3 plus a Sac. Bunt. She pitched the previous game so she played outfield and contributed with 3 or 4 outs (including gunning down a girl at home on the fly). She felt great and is glad she moved on. 12-1 run rule game after 5 innings. Sometimes change is for the better.

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
This was aimed more at the manager/parents then the Players, not necessarily about performance. Somehow DD’s past Team got disjointed and could not recover.

Last edited:
May 25, 2010
Every minute spent on worrying (or listening to complaints about) a past team is a wasted minute.
Two minutes, if you count the time used to post it here. ;)

Quincy, just smile inside and move on, hopefully to a place were you can avoid having to hear anything about them at all.

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
I sent an Email to DD’s Manager last night thanking him, DD has been on his Team less than a month. He sent a very nice reply.

I cannot see the current Team without DD, she is part of it. I cannot see any of the players not being there, it is a Team of 12 players that belong together.

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
I sent an Email to DD’s Manager last night thanking him, DD has been on his Team less than a month. He sent a very nice reply.

I cannot see the current Team without DD, she is part of it. I cannot see any of the players not being there, it is a Team of 12 players that belong together.

Excellent. No benefit to looking back after you turned the page.

Mar 25, 2011
Hmm. This sure sounds like not learning from our mistakes. I would say it is beneficial to look back, but obviously only during certain times. When trying to run forwards as fast as you can, looking back slows you down. However, in analyzing life decisions, I thin it is critical to look back and think about aspects of teams that you did not like, especially when looking for a new team.

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
Hmm. This sure sounds like not learning from our mistakes. I would say it is beneficial to look back, but obviously only during certain times. When trying to run forwards as fast as you can, looking back slows you down. However, in analyzing life decisions, I thin it is critical to look back and think about aspects of teams that you did not like, especially when looking for a new team.

Absolutely, learn from your mistakes, but once you have left a team, any time or energy you spend gloating or worrying about their subsequent failure or success takes away from making the most of your current situation. File the take away, but move on!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OAFSoftballMom#1