Dirty play?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 11, 2013
Could I convict the coach of a crime? No, but I have no doubt that the coach or someone of influence taught them that play. If you are going to teach this type of crap you
better be ready because almost every play of every game is likely to be recorded. The fact that the catcher looks over for so long before the pitch makes me think that she couldn't believe the call, but watching the coach when the girl gets hit jump up and his first thought is that it's an out, not that my catcher just hit a kid in the head with a ball shows me his character. I hope someone teaches the catcher what she did is wrong but I'm guessing they won't.

Dec 4, 2013
Pitiful. Some adult should be embarrassed for teaching this to the catcher. They are f@$*^%# 10 years old.

Jul 19, 2014
Madison, WI
OK, I didn't really look at the coach's reaction.

I still wish the YouTube video were deleted. Although people on this, and apparently another, forum are not condemning the girl doesn't mean that she won't take a lot of **** because of this.

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
OK, I didn't really look at the coach's reaction.

I still wish the YouTube video were deleted. Although people on this, and apparently another, forum are not condemning the girl doesn't mean that she won't take a lot of **** because of this.

Bob, I respectfully disagree. This coach/program teach this stuff and so, everyone that plays them or might play them in a tournament need to know what they do if for no other reason than for safety. This is a very dangerous practice by a team/coaching staff/player/parents who don't care at all about the safety of those that they play. I hope more people see this.

Jun 1, 2013
This is a seasoned coach I take it. The team was named in OP and a quick search will show last year's 05 team went 135-3. Pretty sure you aren't gonna get the rec league coach's response with this team.

Jun 1, 2013
Could I convict the coach of a crime? No, but I have no doubt that the coach or someone of influence taught them that play. If you are going to teach this type of crap you
better be ready because almost every play of every game is likely to be recorded. The fact that the catcher looks over for so long before the pitch makes me think that she couldn't believe the call, but watching the coach when the girl gets hit jump up and his first thought is that it's an out, not that my catcher just hit a kid in the head with a ball shows me his character. I hope someone teaches the catcher what she did is wrong but I'm guessing they won't.

The catcher is looking over for so long cause he is not even talking to her. He is telling his right side to back up. Why? Because he is throwing to the outside. Watch his hands.

May 23, 2015
I've seen this discussed in several places and haven't seen anyone blame the player.

It's never the fault of a 10 year old. She's been taught to do this by her coach or a parent. No question

She's a very good catcher!! She intentionally violates catching 101 when she jab steps behind the batter on an outside pitch. She deliberately jabs behind the batter. Her move should be to jab towards the lefty batters box and throw in front of the plate to third. It's a prime example of BS

Edit: the coach never blinks an eye when the hit happened. He never has the courtesy to ask the girl if she's ok. The end result was expected.

Jul 19, 2014
Madison, WI
I didn't realize that part.
Contrast with this: a local team has two coaches, J and M, both of whom have coached DD 1 and DD 3 in the past.
In a friendly over a year ago, their pitcher hit DD 3 with a pitch, and it looked bad for a minute.
Pitcher, Coach J and Coach M all came over to the dugout to check on DD 3. Pitcher's parents and grandparents apologized and asked about her. One of the coaches sent a follow up email that evening.

I saw one of the coaches a couple of days ago. I sought him out, shook his hand and had a friendly chat.

Somehow I wonder if this batter's dad would be as pleasant to the catcher's coach.

Jun 11, 2013
DD has played a lot of tournaments and I've watched a couple of teams that I thought had questionable sportsmanship and might have been capable of this type of behavior, but for the most part most act like the coaches of the team who hit your DD. I look at the other team and realize they are not my kids, but they are someone else's kids.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mdawson30