DFP Hitting Guru Clinic???

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

ian

Jun 11, 2015
Will you be serving beer, or just Coors Light?

E your not getting in on hitting knowledge alone. Youre gonna have to pony up and bring a keg of 805.

Coors light is a pefectly good lawn mowing beer. Its not bad. Tasty water with a little bit of 'forget your problems' mixed in.

I used to have a beer while sitting on the bucket catching for DD. Every time and I mean everytime I did she would knock my beer over. Sit it behind the bucket she hits it. Set the beer 20 feet to my right she would hit. Hide it behind a tree or on a shelf in the garage she center punches it. I finally gave up.

Hmmmm maybe I should put a beer in my catchers mit... it might be safe there.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
I'm nominating FFS to bring beer. The quantity and quality of brews in Portland is hard to beat....and I say that as a huge fan of CA IPAs.

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
Coors is already an incredibly light beer ... but Coors Light is .... well, I wouldn't personally bother with it. Life is way too short for such 'beer'. EricF nailed it.

Most beers have an ideal serving temperature. There’s a chart below outlining which styles are served at what temperature, but as a general rule the temperature at which to serve a beer is correlated to the strength of the beer. As beers go up in alcohol, they are generally drunk at a warmer temperature. This is because stronger beers often are sipped slowly, and enjoyed for their complexity of flavor and aroma while weaker beers are often consumed for refreshment. For no style is this more apparent than American macro lagers, which are generally drunk so cold that you can’t taste them. There’s a reason those big brewers want people to drink their beers at tongue-numbing temperatures. As they warm up, they don’t taste very good.

Serving Beer - The Beer Temple

Aug 1, 2008
ohio
I'm nominating FFS to bring beer. The quantity and quality of brews in Portland is hard to beat....and I say that as a huge fan of CA IPAs.

Think it will be real beer, or some fantasy brand, from a fantasy brewery, were he is the head connoisseur.

ian

Jun 11, 2015
Excellent job of identifying the problem.

Any tips or drills that will help in determining what beer to drink?

What beer do you like five?

JJsqueeze

Dad, Husband....legend
Jul 5, 2013
safe in an undisclosed location
Coors is already an incredibly light beer ... but Coors Light is .... well, I wouldn't personally bother with it. Life is way too short for such 'beer'. EricF nailed it.

Most beers have an ideal serving temperature. There’s a chart below outlining which styles are served at what temperature, but as a general rule the temperature at which to serve a beer is correlated to the strength of the beer. As beers go up in alcohol, they are generally drunk at a warmer temperature. This is because stronger beers often are sipped slowly, and enjoyed for their complexity of flavor and aroma while weaker beers are often consumed for refreshment. For no style is this more apparent than American macro lagers, which are generally drunk so cold that you can’t taste them. There’s a reason those big brewers want people to drink their beers at tongue-numbing temperatures. As they warm up, they don’t taste very good.

Serving Beer - The Beer Temple

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
Excellent job of identifying the problem.

Any tips or drills that will help in determining what beer to drink?

What beer do you like five?

I generally go with a variety. After hitting in the cages, I drive into the garage and one of the first things I do is check out what my wife has on the shelves ... then select one and enjoy.

I like my beers garage temperature. Back East I enjoyed them at cellar temperature. Never really was into 36F beer.

Depending on the season I prefer a particular style of beer. Stout, Porter, IPA ... . About a month ago a hitter's parents gave me a six-pac of a beer I hadn't tried before ... it was pretty good ... Shake ... a chocolate porter.

Heck, I even enjoy Sam Adams Lager.

Not a fan of pilsners and never could bring myself to drink a "light" pilsner ... pilsners to me are already overly light.

But that's me ... and I'm fine if others feel the need to quaf a pilsner light at 36F ... just not for me.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mpalesse