Demarini Whisper

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 18, 2019
We are seriously looking at the whisper. Anyone have an accurate weight? The bat weight database seems light. She currently swings a 33-10 prism and its a bit light but trying to decide if we want to move to a more end load and heavier weight same time.

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
We are seriously looking at the whisper. Anyone have an accurate weight? The bat weight database seems light. She currently swings a 33-10 prism and its a bit light but trying to decide if we want to move to a more end load and heavier weight same time.
The one's we've weighed at the store bring them slightly under, or right at, sticker weight. They're slightly weighted to the end, but unless you go with a -9 or -8, it won't be truly end-loaded.

Feel free to call or text me with any questions and for a good deal.

John
SPC Sports
631-942-3516

May 18, 2019
Update. Bought a drop 9 whisper...very hard to weigh bats on a balance beam I learned but my best estimate is our 2020 33/10 prism was 23.2 and the 33/9 whisper is 24.98 or 25...thats a little more of a jump than I was hoping. More end loaded but still fairly balanced in my book.

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
Weird how college teams use the cf instead of whisper.
Why is that weird? It's a brand new model, so which girls have had a chance to use it before? The CF has been around forever, and I'd venture a guess all the girls have used one before. It's the same reason more girls use the LXT and Xeno rather than the Meta.

Jun 8, 2018
Why is that weird? It's a brand new model, so which girls have had a chance to use it before? The CF has been around forever, and I'd venture a guess all the girls have used one before. It's the same reason more girls use the LXT and Xeno rather than the Meta.
I was thinking they know how well bats perform, and the cf was a “hotter” bat.
My daughters whisper sounds broke on the inside if you set it down on the barrel, but sounds fine when she hits it? Maybe college hitters break these bats right away?

Dec 11, 2010
This is exactly what I have seen happen.
I was thinking they know how well bats perform, and the cf was a “hotter” bat.
My daughters whisper sounds broke on the inside if you set it down on the barrel, but sounds fine when she hits it? Maybe college hitters break these bats right away?
College kids break a lot fewer bats, despite hitting tons of machine and front toss and being much, much stronger than hs age players.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Weird how college teams use the cf instead of whisper.
College girls use whatever they feel comfy with. They dont grab and swing the newest stuff. You can look at A LOT of teams
and you will see lots of older bats. I remember girls on OU swinging the old Quatro when the Mantra was out. See girls swinging
2020 Ghosts now, when the new stuff has been out. See old CFs when the new stuff has been out.
Just because new bats are out, doesnt mean the teams have to switch.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kyleighsdad