DeMarini Vendetta or Easton FS3

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 13, 2013
Thanks for the comments everyone. I didn't realize that these two bats we are considering are "low end".
I don't think it's a good idea to jump from 19 oz to 22 oz. That's silly and is way too big a jump. I like the idea of a gradual move up in weight which is why I was considering a 20 oz for her. Like I said, she is small and slender for her age. Not a ton of strength yet but hopefully that will improve this off-season. I'm going to be on her about that. :)
A 32/21 may be doable. I like the CF6 Sprite suggestion so i'll check that one out further.
I've seen some suggest going down to a 30 or 31 inch length. Not sure why it would be a good idea to go down from 32 inch. Any good reasoning there? She does have good plate coverage with a current 32 inch bat.

May 30, 2013
Binghamton, NY
That's silly and is way too big a jump.

depends upon how much shes grown and how much time she has with the new bat before her season starts.

My DD jumped from a 31"/19 to a 32"/22 over this Winter,
and is swinging the longer/heavier bat very well this Spring.

She also grew almost 4" since first getting that 31" bat a little over a year ago...
(about 5'5"/110 now...)

Before getting her new 32"/22's (Easton FS1, FS2);
I gave three drop-11 bats worthy consideration:
Demarini Sprite -11 (already mentioned)
Worth Legit -11
Anderson Ignite -11

good -11 bats are hard to come by...

Last edited:
The -11 DeMarini CFs are great bats. So are the -10s. I think you'd be surprised at well she can make the jump to -10 bat, as long as it isn't an Easton (which are more like -9s).

Another bat to consider is the -10 Louisville Slugger LXT. They run a bit under sticker weight ... a 32" should hit the scales at between 21.6 - 21.8 oz. Great bats that my team of 11 year olds love.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Thanks for the comments everyone. I didn't realize that these two bats we are considering are "low end".
I don't think it's a good idea to jump from 19 oz to 22 oz. That's silly and is way too big a jump. I like the idea of a gradual move up in weight which is why I was considering a 20 oz for her. Like I said, she is small and slender for her age. Not a ton of strength yet but hopefully that will improve this off-season. I'm going to be on her about that. :)
A 32/21 may be doable. I like the CF6 Sprite suggestion so i'll check that one out further.
I've seen some suggest going down to a 30 or 31 inch length. Not sure why it would be a good idea to go down from 32 inch. Any good reasoning there? She does have good plate coverage with a current 32 inch bat.

Part of the equation in choosing a bat isn't all about the numbers on the barrel. Easton bats (among others) have a tendency to weigh more than the listed weight. Demarinis tend to be pretty close to the numbers, but feel light in the swing. One of the girls on my DD's 10U all-star team uses a CF5 31/20. When you swing it, it feels lighter than a lot of bats listed as -12 or -13.

See if you can get a 32" CF6 Sprite in her hands and find out how it feels to her.

May 13, 2013
Part of the equation in choosing a bat isn't all about the numbers on the barrel. Easton bats (among others) have a tendency to weigh more than the listed weight. Demarinis tend to be pretty close to the numbers, but feel light in the swing. One of the girls on my DD's 10U all-star team uses a CF5 31/20. When you swing it, it feels lighter than a lot of bats listed as -12 or -13.

See if you can get a 32" CF6 Sprite in her hands and find out how it feels to her.

Good to know.
I think the bat you mention is the way we'll go. Not sure I can find it locally. Might have to try to get it from Amazon; that way if she doesn't like it or it feels too heavy, I can ship it back for free.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Good to know.
I think the bat you mention is the way we'll go. Not sure I can find it locally. Might have to try to get it from Amazon; that way if she doesn't like it or it feels too heavy, I can ship it back for free.

Check eBay, too. You should be able to find the CF6 Sprite for $200 or less, NIW, with a return policy.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gmc7283