Demarini Prism

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
This is a reason why Wilson dropped mapp on their slowpitch bats...because idiots ruined it. They don't even have mapp on them. But in turn, its hammered their
slowpitch sales because some stores just don't carry their lines anymore. Plus, Wilson knows where their money is...its in fastpitch.

It was getting out of hand trying to police it all, so Wilson said, F*it, you guys wanna sell a bat for 10 dollar profits, go ahead...now there is no mapp. So not only did
they raise their prices to stores, they dropped mapp.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
So when they go off MAP, why doesn’t Dick’s discount?

I see two year old bats languishing in loneliness at full retail just waiting for some uninformed parent to buy because it’s the right color for dd.

Because they don't have time nor care about running around changing price tags. They will just give a coupon...haha. And to be honest, have you seen and listened
to people that work at these stores :), they have no clue about bats. They don't know one bat from another to be able to keep an reasonable value on their bats.

Last edited:
Feb 26, 2018
I feel like Ron Swanson when I'm at Richard's and someone asks if they can help me. I feel like saying "I know more than you"

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
I am hardly ever in a Dicks or anything like that, but when I do go, sometimes I will ask about a bat for fun...just to hear them talk about it...haha

Jun 6, 2018
Back on subject. What have people seen with the Prism? I know Demarini has started to add the Prism to their road show demo. An interesting fact from the midwest demo rep is that he has seen an increase in the Prism performance right around the 250 swings mark. Also, he indicated that there has not been a single break in his lineup of 6 Prism bats over the past 1.5 months.

Not trying to argue Ghost vs Prism as my DD has a blue and gold ghost in her bag and told me last night she don't want a prism, but having had 2 ghosts crack in a matter of weeks this past July I do find the durability issue of the Ghost to be a detriment. Also, I have to say I was discouraged by the slow pace turnaround at Easton on the replacements. Each bat took exactly 3 weeks to be replaced despite the bat being in their hands in 2-3 days and deemed replaceable under warranty within 5-6 business days. Each time from the approval of a replacement until the date it shipped out was 8 business days, unacceptable in my opinion.

Mar 23, 2014
SoCal
Back on subject. What have people seen with the Prism? I know Demarini has started to add the Prism to their road show demo. An interesting fact from the midwest demo rep is that he has seen an increase in the Prism performance right around the 250 swings mark. Also, he indicated that there has not been a single break in his lineup of 6 Prism bats over the past 1.5 months.

Not trying to argue Ghost vs Prism as my DD has a blue and gold ghost in her bag and told me last night she don't want a prism, but having had 2 ghosts crack in a matter of weeks this past July I do find the durability issue of the Ghost to be a detriment. Also, I have to say I was discouraged by the slow pace turnaround at Easton on the replacements. Each bat took exactly 3 weeks to be replaced despite the bat being in their hands in 2-3 days and deemed replaceable under warranty within 5-6 business days. Each time from the approval of a replacement until the date it shipped out was 8 business days, unacceptable in my opinion.

Prism isn’t worth the wrapper in comes in........ DD has ghost and loves it. She’s had Demarini (her cf7 was best) and has had xeno - her 2016 was best for LS. But ghost wins. I stopped buying dem/ls because they did Core wrong. He recommended Ghost and it’s been the best purchase for a bat.

Honestly - I wanted to like the prism because team uses LS. But you don’t bring a knife to a gun fight..... isn’t that what they say? If you want a prism, go buy a pipe from home-depot and paint it black with rainbow stripes.

Jun 6, 2018
Prism isn’t worth the wrapper in comes in....... If you want a prism, go buy a pipe from home-depot and paint it black with rainbow stripes.

Why the hate for the Prism?

Exit speeds have shown darn near the same and sometimes better than the Ghost after the Prism has been broken in. (No I am not talking about Demarini's stupid marketing testing sheets.)

Ultimately I think each bat is darn near the same as the ball simply jumps off them as opposed to the other plethora of bats on the market. It then comes down to DD preference and durability. Durability is my only knock on the Ghost.

May 15, 2015
Prism isn’t worth the wrapper in comes in........ DD has ghost and loves it. She’s had Demarini (her cf7 was best) and has had xeno - her 2016 was best for LS. But ghost wins. I stopped buying dem/ls because they did Core wrong. He recommended Ghost and it’s been the best purchase for a bat.

Honestly - I wanted to like the prism because team uses LS. But you don’t bring a knife to a gun fight..... isn’t that what they say? If you want a prism, go buy a pipe from home-depot and paint it black with rainbow stripes.

hahaha...that's utter nonsense. I'd venture to say my dd has as many swings as any kid in the country on a 31/21 Prism. We've tested it against the Ghost, Xeno, and a Rawlings Quattro...on SEVERAL occasions. The Prism hit further than all of them. It absolutely could just be that it "fits" my dd better and the other bats are just as hot. I'm not emotionally attached to any bat manufacturer or seller. I just want to give my dd every advantage I can reasonably afford. In our case at least, that amounts to having a Prism in her hands when she's at the plate.

Your mileage may vary of course, but the bat certainly isn't the lead pipe described above.

Dave

p.s. Core is most certainly a cool cat and has treated us very well in the past. If he had these bats, I'd buy from him in a heartbeat. While I like him and appreciate what he does for the fastpitch community here, I'm not going to let it ultimately decide what equipment we purchase. If you feel otherwise...spend your money however you like.

Last edited:
May 14, 2015
Bismarck ND

I would disagree with most of this statement lol. The cf7, in my mind, was the worst of the bats demarini produced. The prism and the ghost are very good bats. Very diferent feel and weight distribution, let alone the total weight of the bat. DD has seen better exit speeds and distance out of the prism. But not a big difference. In fact in testing off a tee with exit speeds, The anderson rockettech is very similar to both(cold weather bat), with the lxt and the xeno just behind. I have a tank for a DD who hits absolute bombs!!! so results may vary on type of hitter your DD is. Whatever works for her is whats best that day haha

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi