Demarini CF3

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 19, 2008
I bought a new Demarini CF3 33/23 -10 bat for my daughter. She actually uses a 32/22 now, but I am planning for the future. Anyhow the bat should get here tomorrow. Does anyone have any experience with it? How does it seem to perform? Pretty much everything I heard so far is the bat is one of the best now. Not easy to find, that I know.

Thanks

Rob

Sep 6, 2009
State of Confusion
as long as buying older bats, might as well spend $600 and get a niw phenix.

why settle for less?

Oh yeah, because they could be banned at any time. Every yr that goes by looks less likely though that that could happen.

Jan 18, 2010
In your face
We got a freshman HS player, in our district, that has gone yard 11 times with this bat. I can't get my hands on it to feel if it has been shaved. :) But honestly, she is knocking the cover off the ball with this bat. My DD won't swing anything but end loads. :(

Oct 19, 2009
We got a freshman HS player, in our district, that has gone yard 11 times with this bat. I can't get my hands on it to feel if it has been shaved. :) But honestly, she is knocking the cover off the ball with this bat. My DD won't swing anything but end loads. :(

The last tournament we played there was one team that had D CF3 bats and was slapping balls over outfielders heads, some just by sticking the bat out and made contact, these hits were hitting a few feet from the fence. So either there was something up or they had some awful strong kids.

I have a suspicion that one HS team in our area has a shaved or rolled bat, they mainly use the same bat and have hit balls that seem awful hot for such small kids.

Feb 14, 2010
Peppers,

I'm with you. You look at the sporting goods stores on the web and most of them are offering a "BAT BREAKING IN" service, what a bunch of BS. Go to EBAY and one of the first listing is for a bat roller. Somebody is going to get a kid killed and then it might change. Sounds like slowpitch all over again. I loved playing that game, but it got to be a huge pain in the rear. The manufacturers are to blame for alot of this crap. Most the bat demos the players are swinging rolled/shaved bats so they will sell better.

Sep 3, 2009
as long as buying older bats, might as well spend $600 and get a niw phenix.

why settle for less?

Oh yeah, because they could be banned at any time. Every yr that goes by looks less likely though that that could happen.

Not to change the subject, but when my dd and I went to watch the MU vs KU game. MU is sponsored by Demarini, and all the girls for MU swung either the CF3, or a Phenix. Not a CF4 in the bunch.

Oct 19, 2009
Peppers,

I'm with you. You look at the sporting goods stores on the web and most of them are offering a "BAT BREAKING IN" service, what a bunch of BS. Go to EBAY and one of the first listing is for a bat roller. Somebody is going to get a kid killed and then it might change. Sounds like slowpitch all over again. I loved playing that game, but it got to be a huge pain in the rear. The manufacturers are to blame for alot of this crap. Most the bat demos the players are swinging rolled/shaved bats so they will sell better.

I agree a 100% on this one, a kid playing pitcher, first or third, it’s bad enough with a legal bat coming off at 98 MPH, much less much faster than that.

Jul 19, 2008
This over exaggeration of how "bad" a rolled bat is, is down right ignorant with some. A rolled bat is no worse than a well broekn in bat. That is a fact. They both do exactly the same thing to a bat, just that rolling basically breaks it in right away. It does not make it any more dangerous or anything like that. Do enough reading and research on it and you will find this out. I myself really dont care if someone rolls a bat or not. Right now, I do not own one but have seen them used before. Against the rules,,,altho is dont alter the bat anymore than batting practice will....they say it is. There is no way anyone would be able to tell a good used bat from one that was rolled. Unless whoever rolled it did it wrong and cracked it badly. As far as sound, a broken in composite bat makes that hollow like sound, it has nothing to do with it being rolled. I have heard alot of composite bats as they hit the ball and a good hit is actually pretty quiet. It also does not shorten the life of the bat. It actually lengthens it, as it stretches the fibers evenly, instead of a sharper hard hit over different spots on the bat. Shaving a bat, that is a whole different story. That gets alot more pop from the bat and taking material off the bat makes it more likely to break and cause injury. Shaving I would not agree with at all and would not ever do to any bat I owned or my kids used. I wasnt going to reply to this , but when I see so much misinformation, it just gets to me and I had to reply. I am sure more will add to this, and while everyone is entitled to their opinion, please take the time to get yourself informed well on this before going off on this subject.

I just got the new CF3 today and look forward to my daughter being able to try it out and see how it works.

To whoever mentioned getting a Phenix, I had a 32/21 Phenix I sold before I got this one. My daughter didnt like it and I figured, since we got a synergy that size, I would sell it and get the next size up that we dont have.

Rob

Peppers,

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
spinner55