DeMarini Bustos

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 27, 2010
NJ
DD is slight framed 98'. She stands 5'3" and by all accounts should use a 31. At the recommendation of her hitting coach we picked up a Catalyst 31 -10. She hit balls with it but seemed to lack any kind of power she'd exhibited with her old bat. One day she hits with a Cat Osterman 50/50 and tatoos it. Long story short, I couldn't find that bat but started reading about the Bustos -13. After little debate I bought one online for 100. She hits everything with this bat. Bunts, sharp grounders and the ever popular line drive to the outfield. It's light enough that she gets it around on even the fastest of pitchers. One other dad purchased one and a couple of girls use DD's when batting.

A good bat for the price and appears to be holding up well after a full summer of TB.

Feb 24, 2010
I purchased one a few weeks ago for DD after her last 10U tournament as she will be moving up to 12U next year. She used to use an Easton Rampage 33/21.5 (from Wallyworld) and could hit good with it but I anticipate her facing faster pitching next year. She hasn't hit a "real" ball with it yet, but she has hit the TCB balls and there is a marked difference in how those fly vs. the old bat. She really likes it and wants to hit with it but I'm forcing her to take some time off to rest. She likes the lightness and says it's much better than her old bat. I noticed that it seemed a little end loaded, but not as much as the true end loaded bats. It may be due to the composite being at the handle instead of throughout. And I didn't want to spend the $$ on a more expensive composite bat that may or may not be legal in a few years. We got her the 32" even though she's 5'4" 140 lbs since she has slower reflexes at this time.

Nov 18, 2009
My daughter(10) has one and it's the exact same thing as the Cat half and half. Same flex and everything. My daughter is on the tall side but really needed to go with more than a -10 to keep her bat speed up and she loves the bat. I've had a few kids who use these and they hit better than any -13 aluminum bat you'll find.

Apr 4, 2010
Tucson AZ
Bought one of these two weeks ago for my 9yo. 30/-13. I hit with it just to feel it, and I was impressed. Looking to buy a shorter one for my 7yo.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
loudee16