DDs first HS games, yeah its a brag thread

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 26, 2010
Michigan
For the past 5 years I worked for myself and missed very few (if any) games. Recently I closed my shop and started working for a company. My dds first 3 HS JV games were this week and I had to work.
Game 1 on Friday, she goes 2 for 3 with 2 triples. Played LF and had an assist
Game 2 this morning, she pitched a 7 inning 1 hitter, with 1 walk and 8ks. Plus went 3 for 4 with a 2 run double
Game 3 this morning she played LF again. had another triple and threw a girl out at the plate.

Her coach might never let me come to another game.

Oct 19, 2009
I must always be in disguise. I would have to take off the usual sunglasses, shave the mustache and go without a cap then.

Really glad to hear your daughter is doing well, congrats to her.

My daughter says seeing me or hearing me or her mother makes her nervous, so I try and get where she cannot see me. Then she comes to me after the game and ask why she had a bad hit or something, it’s like I was hiding so not to make you nervous I did not see. I think it just an excuse if she has a bad day.

Her mom being quite that is a different issue all together. :cool:

Nov 26, 2010
Michigan
OK, so I finally made it to a HS game. She pitched, 1 hitter with 19 strikeouts. It was un-believable. Ran into trouble in the 6th inning, walked a couple, plunked one and gave up the hit. But she wrapped that around 3 strikeouts so the damage was minimal.

She started out the game by striking out the first 10. I could hardly stand still up until the first baserunner. On offense she walked twice and had a double.

Jan 4, 2012
OH-IO
Glad to hear she is transitioning into you not being there so well. But I'm going to hope that what ever is keeping you from being ringside... ends fast and final.... You gotta be there !!! If you can teach her to play like that, you can do anything !!! Its gonna happen !!!

Nov 26, 2010
Michigan
Glad to hear she is transitioning into you not being there so well. But I'm going to hope that what ever is keeping you from being ringside... ends fast and final.... You gotta be there !!! If you can teach her to play like that, you can do anything !!! Its gonna happen !!!

I was at today's game. Thanks for the compliment but in the end the best thing I ever did for her pitching was stay out of the way of her natural ability. I have seen too many adults ruin a kid by tinkering too much with what they do. Sure I tell her what I see, but I tend to ask her questions and let her figure out what she needs to improve. Other then that I just catch in the barn and encourage. The day I realized that she had more practical pitching knowledge then I do, it became an easy process.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OAFSoftballMom#1