Dd9yo

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 2, 2013
Have her learn to turn the barrel with her hands(not arms) like this:
StealthDrill.gif

I'd rather have a hitter drop the hands than fly the lead elbow up and out like this young man does in this clip.
Just sayin.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
My advice to you is to not seek advice for your DD here.
You'll get lost in all the advice.
Or, search the posts from Bucketdad. He really knows the 411. What ever happened to him? Where'd he go?:confused:
rdbass:
Question for you. Why the name change from BucketDad to BleacherDad?
Bleacherdad:
Because I now sit in the bleachers and watch my DD play.
The bucket no longer makes its way to the games. Sometimes a chair is there for me to sit in.
Carry On.

Mar 5, 2014
I'd rather have a hitter drop the hands than fly the lead elbow up and out like this young man does in this clip.
Just sayin.

You mean like this? Yeah, it'd be a shame to have her resemble Manny Ramirez and Miguel Cabrera. Jess sayin'....and FYI, the 'kid' has played at a pretty high level himself. Below is a clip of him hitting the longest home run in an international competition for team USA as a 14u.

4930993_orig.jpg

gif-shows-what-happens-to-a-baseball-during-a-miguel-cabrera-home-run-swing.jpg

Last edited:
Apr 24, 2012
wow I didnt expect this much was wrong. Can someone explain how she is out of sequence because we worked on that alot.

Mar 5, 2014
wow I didnt expect this much was wrong. Can someone explain how she is out of sequence because we worked on that alot.

I don't see that much wrong. She's WAY ahead of the class as a 9u. I think getting her hands activated a little earlier and eliminate the the little pull with the arms at the beginning of the swing, and she would be really close.

Congrats. You've done a great job so far.

May 24, 2013
So Cal

These are minor tweaks to work on as she continues to develop. For a 9yo, her swing is VERY good. As with all 9yos, there are things that can be improved/tweaked/refined to help her continue her success as she faces tougher and tougher pitching. Do no be discouraged. Your DD is on a good path.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dadmad