DD won't move up in bat size

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 7, 2011
I have found that once you get DD up to a couple bats and start swapping/trading them in and out it becomes a non-issue because they're harder for spouses to keep track of. Also you can claim at least one of them as "your" BP and/or IF/OF practice bat. Along these lines I also prefer the full-sized bat bags offer the advantage of "out of sight, out of mind" over the more popular backpacks that hold 2 bats out in the open. I think DD is currently at 3, soon to be 4, and I'm at 2 plus or minus what I stash in my car trunk. Alternatively, I could be spending all that time and money at a bar getting in lord knows what trouble.

YES!

I have advanced my DW to this state of ignorance to bats too! (It's a great place to get a DW to)

Here's my speech that DW has bought into - (or at least not served me papers on yet):

"DD NEEDS three bats honey. She MUST have the RT because of the cold days and we do not want to damage the CF5. Then TB is WAY too important honey, as you know with the $$ investment and the exposure DD could get there to ONLY have one CF5!!!"

So each year we have a new CF moving in to replace last year’s CF. Since the old CF is not always self destructing like the CF4's used to do for us then I have a CF5 to "trade-in" which I then grandstand the positive cash flow that occurred from that transaction.

It’s magic.

God I hope DW does not have an account here yet…..

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
YES!

I have advanced my DW to this state of ignorance to bats too! (It's a great place to get a DW to)

Here's my speech that DW has bought into - (or at least not served me papers on yet):

"DD NEEDS three bats honey. She MUST have the RT because of the cold days and we do not want to damage the CF5. Then TB is WAY too important honey, as you know with the $$ investment and the exposure DD could get there to ONLY have one CF5!!!"

So each year we have a new CF moving in to replace last year’s CF. Since the old CF is not always self destructing like the CF4's used to do for us then I have a CF5 to "trade-in" which I then grandstand the positive cash flow that occurred from that transaction.

It’s magic.

God I hope DW does not have an account here yet…..

Could she be the mysterious Marcus???

Jan 8, 2013
South Carolina
Thanks for all your advice. Last night and tonight at practice I had her use another bat...Demarini CF4 Insane 32/22. I was surprised she handled it as well as she did. Any issues she is having is not with the weight of the bat....just some mechanics. It was the first time I felt like she hit the ball with some power. This was on a pitching machine. We have a tournament tomorrow and she wants to use the heavier bat since she sees the difference when she hits. Hoping for some big hits tomorrow and I will be bat shopping next week!

I am a single father so I can spend my whole check on softball equipment and I don't have to check with anyone!! However, I still have to listen to the "X" complain that softball has taken over our daughter's life....blah, blah, blah!

Mar 29, 2012
Insane is an endloaded bat and has tons of pop. If she can handle an endload and still maintain a good bat path she can really drive some balls.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MMMichigan1