DD is ready for a new bat...what to get?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 26, 2011
Houston, Texas
Well, DD ended up getting the coveted Xeno -9, and her performance this weekend...well, let's say there was no pop, and more of the "fizz". Sigh. She was most upset. Coaches said her swings/mechanics were good...will have to adjust her timing...and will have to get used to swinging an end-loaded bat. Hopefully with a couple of lessons and more practices, she will have a better turnout at the next tournament (in 2 weeks).

Dec 5, 2012
Mid West
My dd is 5'8" 140# 14yr old freshman. Decent power... Im looking for that extra "umpfh" to finally clear the fence instead of falling 20 feet short all the time.
I like the one x... can I get some feedback from someone with a one x!

Jan 26, 2012
A, A
I am not an expert on the subject, but I think most of the -9 bats are end loaded while the -10 bats are considered 'balanced'.

I saw this posted before, so when looking for a new bat for my DD, I read the info and contacted the manufacturers. I cannot speak about all brand but of the ones my DD considers this is not true.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
I am not an expert on the subject, but I think most of the -9 bats are end loaded while the -10 bats are considered 'balanced'.

That is incorrect, it's really the feel of the bat. They are not technically endloaded or balanced, its just what they feel like.
For example...A 33/23 will "feel" more balanced than a 32/23 Just because you have 23 ounces being distributed over more hitting area than a 32 inch inch bat. Hence, the 32/23 will "feel" more endloaded.

What I mean about hitting area is...if you look at a 31,32,33 or whatever inch bat...you will have the same amount of handle on either of those bats. The 33 inch, however, will have a longer barrell than the 31 inch bat.

And you really have to be careful of the "real weight" of a bat is as opposed to the stickered weight. You might buy a bat that says 33/23 and it could weigh 24 ounces in reality...or more. I actually had a Blue 34/26 FP 454 in stock that weighed 27.5 ounces when I weighed it. I quickly sold it to a slowpitch player because I didnt feel right selling it to a FP girl with it being so much heavier.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jaci’s biggest fan