DD hung up her 2014 Xeno and traded back to her old 2013 Xeno

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 26, 2011
Houston, Texas
We finally put the tater grip on the 2014 bat, and because it stunk so bad, she started using her 2013 bat. But she would still use the 2014 in games. She finally admitted to me yesterday that her older bat has way more pop and feels heavier than her 2014 bat. They are both same size/weight. She apologized and felt bad about it, but I just said you have to use what feels right.

Just hope that the new bats the team gets will work for her as they will HAVE to use them (repping sponsor and all). At least it is same manufacturer.

Anyone else finding similar results?

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
Do you have a used 2014 Xeno you want to sell? What size? I figured I could buy it on the cheap, especially since the grip stinks like used sweat socks......then I could replace the grip and "wallah" a perfectly good bat.

Sep 18, 2011
Wow. Sorry about the grip! And DD had the exact opposite result. She got the 2014 Xeno (same specs as her 2013) for Cristmas but has only used it during a few indoor camps where she absolutely fell in love with it. She finally played in her first tournament this weekend in Des moines. Because it was still pretty cool (low 50s), I made her use her 2013. But after a shaky start she begged me to reconsider and of course I caved. Final stats: 0 for 3 with her her 2013, 6 for 8 with her 2014, including 4 doubles. She LOVES that bat.

Jan 6, 2014
I agree with 29dad, my daughter loves the 2014 Xeno I was a little tentative about the temperature thing too, but the results versus her 2012 CF6 are enormous.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
I agree with 29dad, my daughter loves the 2014 Xeno I was a little tentative about the temperature thing too, but the results versus her 2012 CF6 are enormous.

Keep in mind when comparing a 2012 vs. a 2014 bat, that your DD is @ 2 years older when she received the new bat (assuming both were purchased new), so she is bigger, faster, and stronger!

Aug 26, 2011
Houston, Texas
Wow. Sorry about the grip! And DD had the exact opposite result. She got the 2014 Xeno (same specs as her 2013) for Cristmas but has only used it during a few indoor camps where she absolutely fell in love with it. She finally played in her first tournament this weekend in Des moines. Because it was still pretty cool (low 50s), I made her use her 2013. But after a shaky start she begged me to reconsider and of course I caved. Final stats: 0 for 3 with her her 2013, 6 for 8 with her 2014, including 4 doubles. She LOVES that bat.

No worries about the grip. I think it was a fluke. I emailed Tater Grip asking for suggestions, and they offered to send her a clear grip free of charge (even when I told them it was given to us). Needless to say, DD went ahead and took the grip off last night. Not sure if she wants to sell it though...pretty sure she will want to hang on to it JIC. :) **The bat...not the grip...LOL**

Nov 1, 2008
DD has a 2014 xeno and a 2011 Rocketech. Xeno probably isn't broken in yet and she insists on using it even though our batting practice sessions clearly prove that the rocketech hits the ball consistantly farther. I made her use the rocketech Thursday, she went 3-4 and reached on an error. I told her she couldn't use the xeno in a game until it's broken in so she wanted to use another girl's broken in 2013 xeno...1-8 for the weekend. I hate being right.

Jun 24, 2013
I do not think composites need to be broken in any more. I think the Xeno is what is is no matter how many hits you put on it.

Feb 17, 2014
I do not think composites need to be broken in any more. I think the Xeno is what is is no matter how many hits you put on it.

I have read and heard this quite a few times. Visual evidence doesn't agree with it though. It could just be my experience, but DD's 2013 Xeno took a while to get pop and I have had her alternate between it and her 2014 this year and the ball comes off the 2013 much better.

I'm not above being wrong though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TaraLynn0207