DD Committed to Texas Women's Univirsity

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Coach-n-Dad

Crazy Daddy
Oct 31, 2008
Congratulations to my DD; Randi May, 2013 Pitcher. Yesterday she signed the NLI to Texas Women's University!

Thanks to everyone who answered questions I had about the school and the area; Sluggers, GI Tom, Ken Krause, and the rest.

We visited this Thursday and had a great time. The School is beautiful, she loves the city of Denton, she really likes the coaching staff and she got to meet the team. She had a long conversation with a pitcher (senior) and a catcher (freshman) who were friendly and full of information!!!

DD is very excited! According to the girls that she talked to, the coaches play the players that are producing regardless of class. DD is confident that she will get time in the circle as a freshman; I think it is fabulous that she has that goal and it gives her something to work on :)

She is going in with an undecided major leaning to computer sciences or sports fitness so the programs there should meet her needs.

Nov 26, 2010
Michigan
Congratulations to you and you Randi. I hope she has a great college experience.

PS guide her toward the computer field. Not as many kids going to college for computers then you might think, and there are jobs not being filled. Meanwhile, every 4th kid I talk to wants to go into either fitness or sports management.

Jan 18, 2010
In your face
Congratulations!! Glad Randi and yourself found a good fit for college. Looking forward to see and hear how she develops at the next level and what both of you think about the experience.

I think for myself and the parents of younger DD's ( FYI )........it's not getting the offers that is the hard part.......the hard part is deciding which formula works best for your needs. I'm sure you could add to this list, so many things to consider it WILL give you a headache.

$$$Offer
personal expense
schools acedemic reputation
safety
degree
career choice
Acedemic goals
public or private
large or small school
climate
sports program
small or large town
In/out of state
how selective is enrollment

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
Congratulations! Now you can sit back and enjoy a few games knowing that the pressure is now off. Well, kind of until that first college game. LOL!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi