Daugters swing in the cage any advice?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
To the contrary .... I disagree with you ... if you look at jbooth pictures up top look at the backfoot... now being barefoot how are you going to end with your rear foot on its toe like that... on the tip of the toe.. now if you believe that is how you should finish.. Five how does your rear foot finish? On the toe? When your barefoot your rear foot will want to spin and squish the bug... Now just my opinion... You may be ok with barefoot that's ok you may have success with it.. i've tried it and it develops problems and when they put there shoes on they feel different and with no success. again just my experience..

My experience is the opposite. You'll find that even some top golfing instructors will perform drills barefoot. Not uncommon ... and used successfully by many.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
Well with a girl that does everything barefooted,then maybe the opposite would apply? Maybe in this case she needs to get the "natural'' feel by wearing spikes.I agreed with FFS,but this is alittle different "a girl that does everything barefooted" needs to get the right feeling of spikes.Wearing spikes may seem different to her.When she plays she needs to wear spikes so she should get use to swinging with spikes.IMHO

Dec 9, 2011
Five I do respect and understand your point and I agree it may help in balance to some aspect but I noticed in her video the squishing the bug of her rear foot. I believe she will have trouble fixing this without wearing shoes. IMO She may be able to fix barefoot. Oh but the golf swing is a little different concerning weight transfer. hill keep her working and if she can fix being barefort and it doens't change her when she puts cleats on than keep what your doing. Just a different view point as to the process of fixing. Always remember every young lady is different and what works for one may not work for the other. Find out what helps her to get where she needs to be and you may have to try different things....

Jan 4, 2012
OH-IO
She is also a pitcher so i tell her that her at finish swing she should be on her drag toe..

I went to the model swing page, and chose this one for DD. I like it, and she can watch her playing on NPF stream often, and she will be in the championship team THIS YEAR!!! One of the reason I liked it was because we were dealing with getting K'ed looking. This one even looks to me good striking out.

Here it is with some pitching observations. Her being a pitcher she will see syncing her timing to the pitcher's leap, and could easily adapt with her pitching experience. I contend that this hitter in video knew from the way the pitchers stride foot landed, that it was going to be an outside pitch. I think that you can go along way batting by using your pitching skills @ the plate. :{))

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi