Daughter's team is falling apart! Help!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 7, 2008
Tucson
I am concerned about "the other kid." What kind of parents lets a man take a girl "under their wing?" I would contact those parents and see if they will let her play.

Oct 19, 2009
Bet if he won 100% of his games parents woudl be applauding his old school approach. Doesn't matter if he's a nice guy or a jerk, you can be either and have the respect of the players and in the end what matters is whether his style gets the players to improve and play at the best of their ability.

He did not win every game, but was a sucessful Football Coach who's contract was not renewed for verbal abusing players at my daughters high school. Middle school SB coach was removed in the middle of the season for the same thing. All by parents taking a stand against such behavior by coaches.

I for one am not going to let a coach or teacher thow an object at my daughter!!!!!

DSC

Feb 13, 2011
Central Illinois
It sounds like his leaving may be a good thing for the team. It will take some time to gather things back together, but keeping a coach that can't adapt to the team is of no use. Some girls respond to his style and some won't, he has to be able to change. This tells me he isn't much of a coach if he can't see that the team is not responding positively to his method and make some changes.

Think of all this like a bad play, it's over, learn from it, and move on to the next thing.

Jul 16, 2008
Oregon
I have found out by experience that young women do not thrive on the Negative coaching style. I can count numerous times where I have been frustrated by the team making mistakes. Everytime I have been negative towards them... it just got worse. It has taken a while, but I have learned (I think) to remain positive towards them

Dec 19, 2008
I am concerned about "the other kid." What kind of parents lets a man take a girl "under their wing?" I would contact those parents and see if they will let her play.

I don't want anyone getting any wrong ideas. It's nothing like that. He is actually a good guy. This girl is his daughters best friend, and goes to his daughters school. Apperantly, parents spend their weekends at the bar, so if he didn't treat her as his own, she wouldn't play at all. So, there is no funny business there.

He just has a coaching style that we don't agree with.

Apr 5, 2009
NE Kansas
I don't want anyone getting any wrong ideas. It's nothing like that. He is actually a good guy. This girl is his daughters best friend, and goes to his daughters school. Apperantly, parents spend their weekends at the bar, so if he didn't treat her as his own, she wouldn't play at all. So, there is no funny business there.

He just has a coaching style that we don't agree with.

Much respect for your entire statement. I think you'll do just fine.

Dec 28, 2008
Glad it was resolved quickly and you didn't lose nights of sleeps and patches of hair while it was hanging over your head.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Preschuck