Daddy Ball Observation

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 6, 2012
The grass isn't always greener on the non-daddy ball side.

DD was on a team last year where neither coach had a daughter on the team. However, they had favorites and my DD wasn't one of them. :-(

This year she's on a team where the HC and the ACs have daughters on the team. However, I haven't seen their daughters given more playing time or better spots in the lineup. IMO, they're harder on their daughters than they are on the other girls.

From my experience, this team is focused on long term player development and is well run; it would be a mistake to simply dismiss them as a "daddy-ball" team.

I have seen my share of good and bad coaches on both sides of this issue. You can't assume that a coach is good or bad depending on whether he/she has a child on the team or not.

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
Of course not. I make sure DD brings her homework in her softball bag in case we are running late picking her up I expect them to help her.

Jun 27, 2011
North Carolina
Is it unethical to use a rec league coach as a baby sitter?

Depends on the relationship that the parents have with the coaches and any other parents that are attending.

I don't believe that children should be treated differently on their softball teams based on how much time is contributed to the rec program by their parents, including coaches.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi