Custom Rawlings Heart of The Hide

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 4, 2018
I actually like the Pro Preferred a little better, but the HOH has more available options, and the quality is very similar.

My daughter calls me last night and asked if I could really work the mitt so she could at least use it in practices next week in Florida. Being the loving father that I am, I agreed. So I suspect I'll have arms like Popeye after the next two days.

Yeah, the customization is the important part to us (me and DD). Perhaps in time she'll prefer a certain pattern, certain type of leather, etc. But for now it's more about the biggest number of items she can tweak on it.

May 28, 2019
Well, the new mitt arrived today. My daughter designed this herself in her college's colors. She loves it, so that's all that matters. This will take some work to get broken in, and there's no way it will be ready by the Spring games next week. View attachment 27538View attachment 27537View attachment 27536

I like how she designed it. nice job. I don't like green but i'd roll with crap highlighter pink if it was my dd's college school colors. HOH mitt's are a PIA. took my daughter's mitt a long time before i felt it was broken in. At the college level, the pitching helps, not so much when they are 10.

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
I like how she designed it. nice job. I don't like green but i'd roll with crap highlighter pink if it was my dd's college school colors. HOH mitt's are a PIA. took my daughter's mitt a long time before i felt it was broken in. At the college level, the pitching helps, not so much when they are 10.
Green has always been my favorite color, so I like that she picked a school with green as its primary color.

Yeah, my catcher's mitt is a work in progress. I have used it twice weekly to catch my younger daughter for the last two months, but I still wouldn't call it game ready; it's more practice ready. But it suits my needs just fine. I don't do anything to break it in anymore except catch with it. I plan to use my Jugs machine to fire hundreds of balls at it tonight from close range. That should loosen it up enough for her to use it in practice by the time she returns from Florida.

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
The mitt is beautiful, I'll say that. But I'm glad I bought the YM model baseball one to catch for my daughter. There is no comparison in the padding between FP and baseball mitts.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06