Curious about HS Softball fees & fundraising costs?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 27, 2019
Lakewood CA.
230.00 for the season plus “Spirit pack” that consists of t shirts and hoodies for around 125.00. Uniforms are provided by the school and reused the next year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
I just set up a booster club Squad Locker for Spirit Wear for each sports program. It is a lot more expensive but hassle free to manage. All fundraising $$$ will be credited to their program. In the past(still do) we set up a spirit wear table at in person events and usually made a 50% margin on all items. But we had to purchase, stock, move all of the gear which is a total PITA. the guy who manages it doesn't even have a kid at the school and I know he is tired. The cool thing is there are no order minimums and the transaction is between the consumer and squad locker. I just had to set up the logo and choose the items in the store (180 items)

Our biggest booster club fundraiser is the flag fundraiser where the athletes and coaches take turns placing flags for each holiday (6 times a year) at their homes to display for a week. We have around 650 subscribers at $40. We have moved the payment processing online too. We keep $20 per flag. iwantaflag.com $13,000/yr.

May 4, 2016
We have an activity fee of either $50 or $75 but that was not charged this past fall, I'm assuming due to COVID. We do one fundraiser most girls and their parents do a good job probably raising between $150-$200 each with of course a few outliers. We also "have" to buy shirts for practice from the team store. You are encouraged to volunteer at either the concessions during softball or the one night we do football and basketball. That of course did not happen this year. Fundraising is used to pay for food at away tournaments, senior game night, and the softball banquet.

May 27, 2013
Dd goes to a private school. They typically ask for $100 from each family which helps cover team dinners (usually about 6 per season), snack and drinks for games, and the senior day celebration + gifts. This was not asked for this year as with Covid, no team dinners or snacks are allowed (players can bring own snacks).

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
I'm curious as to what other high schools are charging for fees and also the minimum fundraising amount? My youngest has now decided to play (great news!) and I a little surprised she's expected to get $700 in cash donations after paying $235 (fees + uniform pieces) and $50 (concessions fee). The donations are cash only, btw, no product being sold.
How much does the football team have to raise? 50 kids x 750=$37,500 add in JV, and freshman teams.

Jul 31, 2015
Holy smokes.
I never knew that high schools charged for sports, other than maybe the cost of a uniform or T-shirt. I hope this idea doesn't spread.

Always considered HS season my time to save for the big bucks rolling out during summer.

Oct 23, 2014
This morning the Varsity coach texted my freshman about having the rest of $200 donation money in TODAY. I am holding myself back from sending a very rude email asking why they feel that 11 freshman games are worth $700 in donations and $235 in fees. That's $85 a game for these freshman. Obviously, the V and JV are playing many more, about double the number of games. I don't think they can kick her off the team for not getting the full donations? We've already reached out to all of our friends and relatives to beg for cash. :rolleyes: I paid 8 years of travel ball fees for her older sister, so am no stranger to paying fees, but these HS costs just seem wrong.

Jul 14, 2018
We have a very similar fund raising goal each year, $600 per player... I will admit it is a bit of a challenge when you have 22-24 young ladies playing

Wow, so there must be a dozen kids shelling out $600 who never get to play? Or is that Varsity and JV?

Apr 26, 2015
We pay $150 to the school district and $350 to our booster club. Last year we had to buy pants and masks for an additional $75 (SB is a fall sport here). Our uniforms are usually check in/check out but the pants were 4 years old and in bad shape so each player had to buy new ones. This year we have all new uniforms paid for by the Boosters. However - girls do not get to keep their jerseys.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06