crazy weather and tournaments

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sep 28, 2015
We are in the Houston area and it looks like we are about to be hit it crazy rain this week again and with State tournament 2 weeks away finding a tournament for this weekend coming up may be hard. going to watch the forecast but would like to try and find a tournament maybe around Bryan/CS area. Where could i go online to find tournaments around there over even South area around Galveston or El campo

Aug 26, 2011
Houston, Texas
I know. I am cringing at the canceled practices. Team has only had two weeknight practices since HS ball, and they really need to work in a Sunday practice (these practices seem to be better quality and more in-depth). We have our first tournament together since last November coming up this next weekend in Dallas.

Anyway, you asked where to look...here is one place that I know of:

Community: Texas Softball | ACTIVE.com

Apr 25, 2010
We are in Ohio and I know of a tournament that got rained out yesterday, and it's snowing today...lol. Ugh

Jul 19, 2014
Madison, WI
DD 3 pitched in sun, wind, clouds and snow yesterday. That was in relief. She also pitched a complete game with sun, wind, clouds, sleet and hail. That was the first time she in 3 years she played a mid-May game with frozen liquids falling from the sky.

This morning she pitched in cold weather as well. So now DD 3 has won every 14u game she has pitched a complete game with temps under 40.

At the same time DD 3 was pitching in the snow in Wisconsin, DS was racing in the finals in a rowing regatta in Philly with absolutely perfect weather. Last year most of his spring races were cancelled or postponed due to bad weather, this year perfect weather every race. That meant racing in blue skies in the 70s in April while DD 3 pitched in bad weather mid May. Go figure

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragonAC