Congratulations to Kate Kiser for signing at Bowdoin

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Ken Krause

Administrator
Admin
May 7, 2008
Mundelein, IL
This one is going to be a bit unusual because it’s actually not about a fastpitch softball signing. But I still want to offer my public congratulations to a terrific young woman, Kate Kiser, on her signing to play volleyball at Bowdoin College in Maine next year. Go Polar Bears – coolest mascot ever (pun […]
b.gif

More...

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
Ken, Bowdoin College was the college of one of my heroes. Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain graduated from and then was the Chancellor of Bowdoin College. For those of you who don't know, Chamberlain was one of the first soldiers in our country's history to receive the Congressional Medal of Honor.

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
Great story and congrats on her choice. Another cool fact that sets Bowdoin apart is that the first college-used Zamboni now hangs in the lobby of their ice rink.

Ken Krause

Administrator
Admin
May 7, 2008
Mundelein, IL
Those are some cool stories. I wasn't familiar with the school, but I know it had to be high-end. She was being courted by Harvard among others, but said this school felt right.She's very smart - was salutatorian at her high school by a fraction of a percentage point, and has attended several events for the best and the brightest in the country. I can't recall the type of surgeon she plans to become, but I think it's neurosurgeon. Just not quite sure. An amazing young lady, and one I feel privileged to know.

Oh, and the best part? As down to earth as one could ever imagine.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
salgonzalez