Congratulating Ade ( Ade'sdad ) walk off homerun

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 18, 2010
In your face
DD played a forum members HS last night ( Ade'sdad ). DD was pitching and in the bottom of 7th we were ahead 3-1, they were home team. Ade comes to the plate, runners on 1st and 3rd, 2 outs.............she smashes one yard for her first high school homerun..........and a walk off homerun to boot.

The odds of anyone getting their first HS homerun and it be a walk off has to be very rare, and equally as exciting.

Congrats Ade!!!

Jun 24, 2009
DD played a forum members HS last night ( Ade'sdad ). DD was pitching and in the bottom of 7th we were ahead 3-1, they were home team. Ade comes to the plate, runners on 1st and 3rd, 2 outs.............she smashes one yard for her first high school homerun..........and a walk off homerun to boot.

The odds of anyone getting their first HS homerun and it be a walk off has to be very rare, and equally as exciting.

Congrats Ade!!!

Thanks GD! And I would like to also thank the members of this site for their knowledge over the past four years on hitting and pitching! Ade said it was "Awesome" to hit her first home run against a good team and a great pitcher.

Sep 29, 2008
Northeast Ohio
What? GOINGDEEP you must not have read the "Is it OK to throw at someone" thread!

Seriously that is great that you shared that. Each year I coach I share that goal #1 is to "create friends and memories that last a lifetime". That is a good one.

Jan 18, 2010
In your face
Thanks GD! And I would like to also thank the members of this site for their knowledge over the past four years on hitting and pitching! Ade said it was "Awesome" to hit her first home run against a good team and a great pitcher.

Thanks for the kind words.

Sorry I couldn't make it to the game ( their HS is about 2 hours away ) I was looking forward to meeting you and the family. And it doesn't look like I will be meeting you tonight either. The school you "were" coming to this evening, their fields drain really well, but it's raining like cats and dogs here now with heavy rain predicted all morning. One day soon we will all meet, and the first round of hotdogs is on me. :)

Edit: I meant to put this in the original post, I think it shows even more how special the HR was, and how great of a softball career this young lady has ahead. This was a big game, a district game that decides our seeding for the playoffs. She's a freshman playing varsity, AND won the game for her team!!

Jan 18, 2010
In your face
What? GOINGDEEP you must not have read the "Is it OK to throw at someone" thread!

I would never ask DD to throw at someone...........ok maybe not throw at someone off Discuss Fastpitch. :)

I am writing a PM to Amy and Sluggers to please shut down the hitting threads until AFTER the HS season. I'm sure they will honor such a reasonable request, for the sanctity of the game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DDubyah