Conference realignments

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 26, 2010
Michigan
Question for those parents who have high level players considering schools.

How is the RE alignment of conferences affecting your DD’s college choices? The PAC 12 teams going to the B1G TEN seems like a lot of excessive travel. Does this encourage you to look at smaller schools that travel less? Or doesn’t change anything?

Jun 8, 2016
I was just thinking about this the other day. Stanford/Cal going to the ACC would be even "better"..they would need to drop the A if that happened (although it looks like that may not happen)

The players should be made to take a class titled "How to study in planes,trains and automobiles (and the occasional bathtub when your teammates are not cooperating)"

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
Here's an example of a non P5 mid major conference changes. Sam Houston State-(just dropped off DD2 yesterday-NARP) You committed to a team in HS that was in the Southland Conference that only had to travel via bus. Then they joined the WAC and now they joined C-USA. The parents were initially excited they could travel to every home and road game with ease, now most of the road games are plane flights away. As far west as New Mexico State to as far east as Charlotte and Florida.

I wish they would go back to Regional Conferences where there were natural rivalries.

Jun 8, 2016
and to answer your question, as a parent it will certainly be a part of the conversation once we put together a list of schools DD is interested in..Not from a "can we attend the games" perspective but more from how are you going to be able to handle the academics part of it with the possible extended travel.

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
I was just thinking about this the other day. Stanford/Cal going to the ACC would be even "better"..they would need to drop the A if that happened (although it looks like that may not happen)

The players should be made to take a class titled "How to study in planes,trains and automobiles (and the occasional bathtub when your teammates are not cooperating)"
You mean like this? Screenshot_20230817_090114_Brave.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corrie00