Conditioning?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 7, 2014
Hello all, an affordable and convenient speed and agility program just opened up in the area. Was just wondering if it would be ok to begin classes now while she is in the middle of tournament season. My dd just turned 14 and is a pitcher. Her tb team practices 2x a week. Any thoughts?

Jan 7, 2014
My daughter is a 13 year-old pitcher and she does CrossFit 1x per week in addition to 2-3 team practices per week, assorted pitching/hitting lessons, and tournaments on the weekend. She enjoys it and her team doesn't do that much conditioning...so it fits in nicely.

May 7, 2008
Morris County, NJ
My kid plays field hockey. Her high school pre-season begins in 6 weeks. She out running 3x a week to get in shape for FH season.

She is also a P/OF and when not playing is used as the pinch runner for the P/C.

Supervised conditioning is a great idea IMHO.

best of luck.

Nov 26, 2010
Michigan
If she is already in reasonable shape I don't see why not. My dd is busy every day with either volleyball camps and open gyms or basketball camps and/or open gyms. It doesn't interfere with her playing.

May 7, 2014
Awesome! Great feedback from all of you! Will definitely be signing her up. Thanks! Was going to wait until August but I'm sold now.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
Hard to go wrong with a good conditioning program. Just make sure she does not do too mch before any big tournaments.

Nov 6, 2013
Baja, AZ
My DD had a HC who was a college trainer. The HC philosophy was athlete first, softball player second. Regardless of whether I agreed with that, make no mistake. Six months of conditioning 3x / week and my slow DD runs less awkwardly and is way faster. Instead of being the 3rd slowest on the team, she is middle or slightly above.

Go for it.

Nov 29, 2009
. Six months of conditioning 3x / week

There is the key to conditioning. Doing it once a week is mostly making them tired unless it's tied into their all around activities.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DezA