Comments welcome on 16yo DD pitch.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 14, 2011
Field of Dreams
There are wiser eyes than mine on this forum, but one thing I see is that she does not firm up her front side when her stride foot lands. She hops and almost immediately walks through the pitch (takes a step forward). By not providing that firm resistance, it dilutes the transfer of power that her lower body is contributing to the pitch. It would also help the forum members to provide feedback to you if you can show a view from behind.

Jul 21, 2008
I agree with MandM and screwball. She has to much wasted energy in the pre-motion and is not firming up the front side during the release phase. I would also like to add that she turns the pivot foot before exploding off the rubber. All energy should be directed at target. Next she needs to work on her IR she pushes the ball down the back of the circle (ball facing 2nd base) this hurt the whip at the bottom of the circle..ie speed.

First work on the IR using Boardmembers Plam to sky drill and then show it and throw it drill to work on IR. Then when she has that down next work on correcting the pre-motion. Way to much wasted motion that is jerky and hard to keep consistant. I suggest that she start slower and more controled then finish more aggressive. The catch phase I use is Slow to Fast.... start slow and finish fast. Then there is the front leg resistant, the front leg should firm up at release to give the arm something firm to throw against. Look at model pitcher thread and notice how all pitcher create resistant with front leg.

Jan 4, 2012
OH-IO
She has the best chance I've seen!!! The 3 layer pitching Rubber is revisionary!!! The video graphics is tight!!! This game is going to be easy for you two !!!

Have her land on an X that is only 3" shorter than her overall height, at the most.... start with 80%...and get a change up perfect at that stride...then stretch her to the her height minus the 3 inches....all the rest will fall into place. Check that circle graphic with those specs...should be alot rounder, or alot closer to the "perfect circle" ( I know everyone else: that it is an elliptic ... but they'll see rounding.) Your video is an awesome tool for showing a hitch in the circle... that when seen, and self corrected, will stop a crow hop !!! Thank You

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chadd