Colorado-TCS and IDT

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 22, 2011
The show at IDT worth every penny for competition and showcasing.
Sparkler I wouldn't spend a dime to do it. Cost and relevancy need to balance.

I don't make the decisions. A friend of my wife's from college works for Triple Crown. If it was up to me, we wouldn't be out here for this tournament :).

Oct 1, 2014
USA
I just got back from my annual pilgrimages to Colorado to see my most favorite band Widespread Panic performing 3 shows at Red Rocks. When DD was still in TB, we would go up early so I could attend the shows, then Boulder IDT started that Tuesday, which would be tomorrow. I did see some softballers arriving at the airport this morning as I was leaving. I miss it so much.

Good luck to all and have fun. Weather was perfect when I left.
I haven't picked up a Concert poster in years but this years version was really cool, I almost went down and donated at the tailgate party just to get one. Couldn't make it to the shows this year but cranked some WP while I was working around the yard.

They do a "Film on the Rocks" thing here in the summer...my girls and I are planning on going to watch The Sandlot in late July.

My DD's drove up to Christopher Fields yesterday to meet up with their Coach who was recruiting at the All Academic Games. After having played in the Sparkler/Boulder for so many years it's hard for them to just sit and watch. Good luck to everyone, have fun and remember to drink lots of water!!

Mar 10, 2020
In 14’s I don’t see a huge difference in competition level between IDT and Sparkler Power or Supp pools. As a matter of fact Power Pool in Sparkler is probably better than IDT. Not sure about 16’s or 18’s. Cannot speak to the showcasing part so I will take your word for it.
Would not pay big bucks to go play in Colorado sparkler because there would be near zero challenge for the team. Might as well stay in our own backyard and play better competition. Sparkler and power pool are different levels. Nothing compares to 18u IDT.
Power pool is close but not the same. 18u IDT is the cream-of-the-crop players and college coach attendance.
When recruitment was still talking to 14u players 14u idt stood out by far. Having 3 dd's who play, one who played through that, can see a difference in the breakdown of talent competing in todays game. It is apparent that when the college coaches cannot directly contact younger age in 14U, while they might be watching, their focus is noticeably on 16u in a greater proportion.

Jun 8, 2016
Would not pay big bucks to go play in Colorado sparkler because there would be near zero challenge for the team. Might as well stay in our own backyard and play better competition. Sparkler and power pool are different levels. Nothing compares to 18u IDT.
Power pool is close but not the same. 18u IDT is the cream-of-the-crop players and college coach attendance.
When recruitment was still talking to 14u players 14u idt stood out by far. Having 3 dd's who play, one who played through that, can see a difference in the breakdown of talent competing in todays game. It is apparent that when the college coaches cannot directly contact younger age in 14U, while they might be watching, their focus is noticeably on 16u in a greater proportion.
Yeah could be, but my kid is 12 and playing 14u so at the moment all I care about is the competition level in 14’s 🤷🏽‍♂️

Josh Greer

DFP Vendor
Jul 31, 2013
Central Missouri
Every year I say we are going to make the trip just to hand out some free "thank you" merch to customers.....every year we are so behind and exhausted by this time, that we never make it. There's always next year, I guess (pretty sure I say that every year too). Good luck to all!

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
I haven't picked up a Concert poster in years but this years version was really cool, I almost went down and donated at the tailgate party just to get one. Couldn't make it to the shows this year but cranked some WP while I was working around the yard.

They do a "Film on the Rocks" thing here in the summer...my girls and I are planning on going to watch The Sandlot in late July.

My DD's drove up to Christopher Fields yesterday to meet up with their Coach who was recruiting at the All Academic Games. After having played in the Sparkler/Boulder for so many years it's hard for them to just sit and watch. Good luck to everyone, have fun and remember to drink lots of water!!
I was able to pre order the Conscious Alliance poster on line before I left so I didn't have to haul around a poster tube.

Mar 10, 2020
They are running Sparkler..
With Triple Crown we can stay at home and do showcasing events.
Showcasing events are not necessarily competitive though. IDT provides competition. To play against the best teams in the nation find spending the money against competition with showcasing excellent!
Cannot speak to the showcasing part so I will take your word for it.
Time and money should both be spent wisely.

Jun 8, 2016
With Triple Crown we can stay at home and do showcasing events.
Showcasing events are not necessarily competitive though. IDT provides competition. To play against the best teams in the nation find spending the money against competition with showcasing excellent!

Time and money should both be spent wisely.
If it was up to me they wouldn’t have played Sparkler (or IDT) as 1st year 14’s. As a matter of fact if it was up to me the schedule would have looked much different..of course it isn’t up to me and taking other considerations into account the team was/is the best option at the moment.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CentralCoastBulldogs