College Camp Prices!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 28, 2014
Starting to get the email invites for fall camps.
Good news is that several of the coaches have been out to see our team and DD.
Bad news is that the camp prices have skyrocketed. Today 4 D1 camp emails... prices for a one day camp ranged from $185 to $225.
That's crazy. Only silver lining is that the camps are limited in size but if you think about it the sheer price will limit the size.
We are going to a 2 day this summer but this school runs a great camp and is worth it.
More and more it becomes important to know what schools are genuinely interested in your kid or you could spend a fortune on camps alone.

Last edited:
Jul 17, 2012
Kenmore, WA
You really have to know what you want to get out of the camp and prioritize camps that offer what you seek. If that is just time in front of the coaches then you need to make certain they are coaches you want to see your DD play and at schools she would like to attend. You can drop some serious coin on camps and it can be a waste if there isn't mutual interest between the school and you daughter or if the camp isn't well run.

May 27, 2013
Yep. At this point we had to narrow a few down to ones we know are definitely interested. Hopefully the process ends this year!

rtb

Nov 9, 2016
Starting to get the email invites for fall camps.
Good news is that several of the coaches have been out to see our team and DD.
Bad news is that the camp prices have skyrocketed. Today 4 D1 camp emails... prices for a one day camp ranged from $185 to $225.
That's crazy. Only silver lining is that the camps are limited in size but if you think about it the sheer price will limit the size.
We are going to a 2 day this summer but this school runs a great camp and is worth it.
More and more it becomes important to know what schools are genuinely interested in your kid or you could spend a fortune on camps alone.

rtb

Nov 9, 2016
You should only go to the camps where your DD has an interest in the school. Beware.. there are camps/ clinics that are strictly money makers for the school. Been to a few where the team ran it and coaches weren't around. The girls just went through the motions. Also been to showcases where college coaches had flyers printed about their upcoming camp and gave them to anyone who walked by. Appeared to be a money maker.

Aug 16, 2019
NORTH TEXAS
First off what is DD short for. I'm sure not everyone has a daughter with the initials DD. but I'm also receiving camp invites daily for my Daughter. Sorting through them has become a chore. We have been to a few now, some good some bad. What I am figuring out is you need to decide for yourself whether you are invited by the coach for the coaches to look at you, or if you are just a part of the mass email because you are already an email list from somewhere. So with that being said I chose camps based on 1. Its a school that my daughter wants to attend and in front of coach from that program. or 2. she has been personally invited to that camp by a coach that wants to look at her. Not sure if its the right way to do it, but I had to find some way to sort through them.

Apr 28, 2019
First off what is DD short for. I'm sure not everyone has a daughter with the initials DD. but I'm also receiving camp invites daily for my Daughter. Sorting through them has become a chore. We have been to a few now, some good some bad. What I am figuring out is you need to decide for yourself whether you are invited by the coach for the coaches to look at you, or if you are just a part of the mass email because you are already an email list from somewhere. So with that being said I chose camps based on 1. Its a school that my daughter wants to attend and in front of coach from that program. or 2. she has been personally invited to that camp by a coach that wants to look at her. Not sure if its the right way to do it, but I had to find some way to sort through them.
Darling Daughter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OAFSoftballMom#1