coachjsoriano

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 23, 2011
Noblseville, IN
Appreciate the comments, Westwind. Again, I basically just turned this in to my deep dark issues that I battle myself and became super vulnerable. It's comforting to hear that others have had the same experience. Since my post, I've taken constructive comments from others to heart, and my there's a lot less tension about putting in some work between my daughter and I. In fact, we just had a fantastic 20-minute session working on Soriano's drill about turning the barrel from the neck slot. She had a great attitude, I had a great attitude and we both saw how much improvement she had in just 20 minutes.

Anyway, thanks to you Westwind and others for encouraging comments, and I'm sure this not only helps myself but others that may sometimes fall in to the same place I am.

Nice job, stay the course. "Learn to swing now then go learn to hit with the swing." Don't sacrifice tomorrow for results today.

Jun 8, 2016
Appreciate the comments, Westwind. Again, I basically just turned this in to my deep dark issues that I battle myself and became super vulnerable.
You sound like me. I tore up my knee when I was Jr. in HS and because of it I was a worse hitter when I was a Sr. in HS and my freshmen year in college than I was when I was a sophomore in HS. It was a horrible feeling...I always could hit and then all of a sudden I couldn't really. Hence I have this constant fear that I have to battle of my DD getting worse because of what I am doing with her. It is obviously ridiculous but every session which isn't good brings back those feelings to some extent. I am learning to squash away that garbage but it takes me having a conversation with myself before every BP session with her..

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Appreciate the comments, Westwind. Again, I basically just turned this in to my deep dark issues that I battle myself and became super vulnerable. It's comforting to hear that others have had the same experience. Since my post, I've taken constructive comments from others to heart, and my there's a lot less tension about putting in some work between my daughter and I. In fact, we just had a fantastic 20-minute session working on Soriano's drill about turning the barrel from the neck slot. She had a great attitude, I had a great attitude and we both saw how much improvement she had in just 20 minutes.

Anyway, thanks to you Westwind and others for encouraging comments, and I'm sure this not only helps myself but others that may sometimes fall in to the same place I am.

Something important for the near future...You had a great session this time. That's good, and I hope you can help her build on those steps forward. If it's not so great next time, that's okay.

Feb 22, 2016
Jsoriano is 100% a HI disciple. He's teaching barrel turn, lateral tilt, coil, etc all exactly as he learned from HI and continues to work with TM on occasion. That said, he has done a fantastic job at translating the information from HI into a very functional series of drills. He is a phenomenal teacher.

TM's success in MLB has also done a great job of putting a spotlight on jsoriano and is allowing many others to share in the knowledge. I also recommend checking out Mercer Aces Baseball who is all doing great work of translating HI mechanics into functional drills for youth baseball.

A lot of people don't like TM, and I get it. All that aside, there's no longer a debate about the mechanics that he developed as they've been verified at the highest level. Now that they are being condensed and simplified via jsoriano and the lot, results are being experienced up and down age groups for both baseball and softball.

Who is HI?

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06