coachjsoriano

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 12, 2016
I follow this guy on Twitter and instagram. He has been getting some amazing results from his hitters.

https://www.instagram.com/coachjsoriano/?hl=en

Worth signing up for Instagram just to follow. A lot of neck slotting and TTB. My question is, is his hitters really turning the barrel immediately from the neck slot? I am not questioning his methods or what he believes, just trying to understand what gives his hitters so much success. These girls swings look effortless with beautiful extension. He's got a 10u player that hits the ball over regularly in practice and is coming close in games according to his Instagram feed.

May 12, 2016
And Soriano is a TM/teacherman1986 follower as well............................Oh yep, I follow and is worth it.
Yes if you follow it's quite easy to see that he follows TM and vice versa as well. "A lot of neck slotting and TTB. My question is, is his hitters really turning the barrel immediately from the neck slot? "

Jun 8, 2016
Yes if you follow it's quite easy to see that he follows TM and vice versa as well. "A lot of neck slotting and TTB. My question is, is his hitters really turning the barrel immediately from the neck slot? "
Since we know that is what he teaches, that is certainly the INTENT and I am sure the drills he uses promote that intent. As you mentioned, the result of this intent, and the drills used to promote it, seem to be pretty good.

May 12, 2016
Since we know that is what he teaches, that is certainly the INTENT and I am sure the drills he uses promote that intent. As you mentioned, the result of this intent, and the drills used to promote it, seem to be pretty good.
That is what he teaches, yes I agree 100%. But I am not seeing it in game swings or drills? I could be wrong. IMO, it looks to me his drills simplify the swing, specifically working the lead elbow up, getting behind and up through the ball, hitting the ball out front with perfect follow through, and effortless power.

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
How is he different from TM? Is he? I don't claim to be a TM follower but don't recall him using neck slot as much as Soriano.

Jun 8, 2016
How is he different from TM? Is he? I don't claim to be a TM follower but don't recall him using neck slot as much as Soriano.
TM likes to start young kids (7,8 YO) in the neck slot if I remember correctly.

I am not on instagram so I haven't seen much of Coach Soriano's drills,etc. but my guess is he is probably doing drills,etc to promote the barrel path he wants maybe without even mentioning TTB. Not a bad strategy in my opinion, in particular for developing hitters. Have them do drills, which if done correctly, will result in what you are looking for without overcomplicating things.

May 12, 2016
I can see that this thread has the potential to go off the rails, :). This thread is not to discredit any instructor, my DD has been having a tough time of it lately and I am trying to help her. Soriano is a follower of TM and a believer in TTB. Whatever he has been doing with his girls has obviously been working. I am just not seeing TTB emphasized in his drills or game swings... and that could very well be my fault and lack of understanding. My understanding of TTB is what TM teaches... these girls movements do not look the same to me.

Jun 8, 2016
I can see that this thread has the potential to go off the rails, :). This thread is not to discredit any instructor, my DD has been having a tough time of it lately and I am trying to help her. Soriano is a follower of TM and a believer in TTB. Whatever he has been doing with his girls has obviously been working. I am just not seeing TTB emphasized in his drills or game swings... and that could very well be my fault and lack of understanding. My understanding of TTB is what TM teaches... these girls movements do not look the same to me.
See my post #8. If you like their swings, have your DD do some of the drills but don't even bother mentioned TTB or the like. Understand the intent of the drill and what should be the result if done correctly. Have your DD work towards that result..see if she can self-organize to the desired result.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragonAC