Coaches--what makes you love the game?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 11, 2013
When I coached rec, my favorite were the kids who were either a little younger or maybe just didn't have the same ability, but would stil give it 120 percent every time on the field. When they finally got a hit or made a catch it was worth all the time. Don't coach my DD's travel team, but what I love about them is how dedicated and hard working they are at practice and the games, but when they get to the pool after the games they are just 11 year old girls having fun. The ones that went 0 for 10 have as much fun as the one who hit 3 HR's.

Dec 12, 2013
B.C. Canada
I love this game so much, because it teaches the girls so many life lessons that will help them beyond softball. Sometimes we don't even realize the impact we have had until they move on to college or work after they have graduated High School. Players keep in touch and share there accomplishments with you after they have moved on. For all of our DD's, softball will end. It may be after high school or 4 years later after college.
I think my highest accolade as a coach will be, the day that the girls I coached have DD's of there own, and step out onto the field with them to give back to this great sport that gave so much to them, and they give this to there DD's. I'll know then that I've done my job as there coach.

Nov 18, 2013
Indiana
I wrote a blog about this and put it back up few days ago as I needed my girls see it. I love teaching the girls and seeing them getting it. I also enjoy the seeing the firsts. BUT this day a few years ago, this one really hit it home.
Follow the link below. :)
It's a softball life...

Jun 29, 2013
The biggest reason is that I love seeing their faces with big smiles whenever we practice or play a game. I also love thinking that maybe what I'm doing is helping them love this game as much as I do, love the thought of seeing someone who doesn't at first realize how good they can be succeed at something and thinking that I helped just a little by encouraging them to try, and love running into them off the field and seeing them happy to see me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06