Coached my first 10 u tournament

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Crab

Crab
Jan 21, 2013
Rocky mount nc
I coach high school baseball and American legion baseball. This weekend I coached my first softball tournament 10u. We had a tryout for this team this past October and have been practicing 2 nights per week in some pretty harsh weather. This weekend was our first tournament in which we went 2 - 2. I can't describe how much fun i had in this tournament. We played pretty good for 2 games and not so good in 2. I found myself at times amazed at good they could play and at times felt helpless because we were playing bad and I felt like I had let them down in some way. Regardless, I was very proud of my team because it was their first ever tournament and we were respectable. In fact our last game was a complete 6 inning game despite the 1:15 time limit. Pretty clean game. Umpire commented that does not happen much in 10u (03). Unreal how much fun I had.

Dec 3, 2012
West Coast
Nice job on the coaching, it sounds like the team had fun. Six innings is impressive for an 03 team. My daughter got to play in her first 10U tournament this weekend and I now have a better understanding of why people like TB so much. We both had a great time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chadd