Coach warming up pitcher between innings

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 1, 2012
NJ
Our local LL has the same rules here. Players must slide on past balls at home. Most of the time we discuss with the umps before the game if the girls have to slide on a play that is not even close, and most agree that if there is no play no slide is necessary for safety reasons. The league also has a rule that only players wearing a mask can warm up a pitcher, no coaches or parents. Most will let this slide if you ask them, they want to speed up the game also. when All Stars start they tend to get a little tougher on those rules. I had an ump tell me one time that I could not bring a pitcher back in to pitch in the same game even though she never left the field. The field ump was telling him that I was right he would not listen. I showed it to him high lighted in the rule book. There are some crazy umps, But the game needs them too.

MTR

Jun 22, 2008
Our local LL has the same rules here. Players must slide on past balls at home. Most of the time we discuss with the umps before the game if the girls have to slide on a play that is not even close, and most agree that if there is no play no slide is necessary for safety reasons.

As the umpire, I would ignore that rule and let that be known before the game. If they had an issue with that, I wouldn't have a problem walking away if they wanted.

It is a bad rule and places a lot of people and the organization in legal jeopardy. Just because I have insurance, doesn't mean I'm willing to bet my home on it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nate321