Cleanup on aisle 5.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 2, 2019
We live close to two Dick’s, and an Academy. One dicks is garbage. The other has a good inventory of high end gloves and bats. Academy has crap for softball, but is good for ammo and other stuff.

Jul 3, 2014
Inland Empire
I guess we are a little luckier with our local Dick's. They have a wall of upper-end Rawlings, WIlson, And Mizuno baseball gloves. The softball section, however, is sad.

Yeah i've been to a couple local Dick's sporting goods out here in SoCal. Not bad selection & they have some higher end stuff...but it's priced outrageously high! I'll take my DDs there to try stuff on then try to find the items cheaper online!

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
I guess we are a little luckier with our local Dick's. They have a wall of upper-end Rawlings, WIlson, And Mizuno baseball gloves. The softball section, however, is sad.
My local Dick’s, which I consider an extremely overpriced retail clothes store does keep a few “nicer” gloves.

A JJ Hardy Pro200 HOH, a Bryce Harper super bright red HOH :rolleyes:, of course the Pedroia fit A2000’s and the Brandon Phillips spectrum wheel of colors Wilson. And a couple of Nokona walnut crunch leather gloves that’s been there for 7 or 8 years!

Last time I was in there which was over a year ago, they did have a 11.75” I-web Mizuno Pro-Select, maybe the nicest glove I’ve ever seen there.

May 28, 2014
They target their clientele which really are rec ball level players. Ours has some upper end selection but its rather small. Hell I even paid to have my DDs first glove steamed there back in the day before I caught the glove bug... lol

My wife yells at me as I tend to interject my self into the sales process for gloves and bats when I see a younger family looking at equipment every time we are there. (which between two kids playing sports, seems weekly)

Last edited:
Oct 4, 2018
They target their clientele which really are rec ball level players. Ours has some upper end selection but its rather small. Hell I even paid to have my DDs first glove steamed there back in the day before I caught the bug glove.. lol

My wife yells at me as I tend to interject my self into the sales process for gloves and bats when I see a younger family looking at equipment every time we are there. (which between two kids playing sports, seems weekly)

I've been known to steer people to the used sporting good stores. Yes, sometimes while in a Dick's.

I mean little Sally playing 8U rec won't even play enough to break in a new glove in the next 3 years. Go get a used glove and save some money and frustration.

Mar 28, 2014
Yeah i've been to a couple local Dick's sporting goods out here in SoCal. Not bad selection & they have some higher end stuff...but it's priced outrageously high! I'll take my DDs there to try stuff on then try to find the items cheaper online!
Do Dick's Price Match and take it home with you right then.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
You are just in a bad "location" AD as for what corp considers a softball/baseball area for the big stores.
So are we as none of the big stores ever carried anything good near us. But sounds like many, many
other DFP'ers don't get the "good stuff" either ;)

I went into a couple big stores in TN while on vaca, and neither carried anything remotely good...but hunting,
you had your choice of everything...hahah

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles