Changing bats

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 19, 2012
My DD has been getting better and better with her swing, still much to work on. Last week I bought her a rip-it reaper light which is a 30/18 her bat not is a worth FPX composite 29/17. my question is will that 1inch and 1ounce make a big difference in her swing. In her last tournament she was hitting it to the fence on the fly, which was 140ft.

I just dont want to mess her up with a lil longer heavier bat, whats your thoughts?

Thanks

Nov 26, 2010
Michigan
My dd stopped using her own bat this year and has been using team bats. She has played on 4 teams this year. HS JV, HS V, Her 14U team and the 18U team from our organization. Between the 4 teams she has been hitting the cover off the ball using a variety of bats, including one that is 1 inch and 1 ounce bigger and another that is described as massive end load.

If your dd is comfortable with it, she can make it work.

May 25, 2010
My DD has been getting better and better with her swing, still much to work on. Last week I bought her a rip-it reaper light which is a 30/18 her bat not is a worth FPX composite 29/17. my question is will that 1inch and 1ounce make a big difference in her swing. In her last tournament she was hitting it to the fence on the fly, which was 140ft.

I just dont want to mess her up with a lil longer heavier bat, whats your thoughts?
I'm not sure I understand what you're asking. If she's hitting it to the fence, why do you want to change anything?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AymeePitcherMom