CF8 and Bustos

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 1, 2015
Hey guys my DD has the Bustos 17/30 right now. I have her a brand new CF8 18/29 that she does not know about:). Now for the question will the CF8 swing lighter then the Bustos? She gets tired swing the Bustos after awhile. Hope I did not buy the CF8 to heavy.

Apr 1, 2013
The -13 Bustos has to swing lighter than the -11 CF8 but the CF8 is a much better bat. Once your DD makes solid contact with the new bat you will see a big smile and not hear about it being any heavier. Probably want to get a bunch of tee work in first to get her the feel of the bat before you move to soft toss then live pitching. -13 to -11 is a jump but I wish I did it for all the athletes I coached much sooner than I did.

Feb 3, 2010
Pac NW
DD has a wood bat that she practices with and I'm amazed at how well she can swing it. I think that the change in her timing/sequence made al the difference. Prior to instruction, she did not begin to load until making the decision to swing. Now that she starts slow she's able to load much more efficiently and use the make the weight of the bat work for her vs fight it.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
I'm curious why you elected to go with a shorter bat. Is the Bustos too long for your DD?

Generally speaking, the Bustos is an appropriate bat for very young and not very strong players. The CF8 is a top-shelf bat. If she can adapt to it, and it's the appropriate length for her, it is a MUCH better tool than the Bustos.

Jun 21, 2014
Philadelphia, PA
My 8 YO (who is not very tall, but is pretty strong) had been using a 29/17 (-12) Vendetta for the past year. I wanted to go an inch longer, ideally with a CF8. Before I made that investment, I got a 30/19 (-11) aluminum Demarini off eBay. The combination of an extra inch and going from a -12 to a -11 (which resulted in 2 oz of total additional weight) was too much, and I could tell she wasn't very comfortable with it. Instead, I got her a 30/18 Vendetta, only adding 1 oz. I think that once she's ready to add an extra oz of weight, i'll go to a -11 and get a higher quality bat. Jumping 2 oz at once at that age is a lot, but if your daughter is a bit older it may be fine (in which case the Bustos was probably way too light for her).

Mar 1, 2015
I went with the 29" because it was a better lenght for her, it's 1 oz heavier and 1 in shorter then the Bustos so I thought it might be a wash.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mpalesse